Road Rage towards Bikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About 15 minutes ago I was riding my bike to the gas station to get a paper and some candy, and then as I was leaving the gas station there was this car in front of me filled with a couple of 20 year olds. The car honked it's horn at me as I was riding past him and a guy said out the window, "Get out of the way, F*er!"

Do you get people showing aggression to you while you're riding a bike?

I wanted to ram my bike tire into that cheap car's headlight, but that bike was a really nice one, otherwise if I had one of my scratched up junker bikes, I'd slam that thing into that car so hard lol.

side mirrors snap off really easy for next time. roll up to the window and say hay how's it going SNAP!!! oh look this just fell off your car AWWWWWW lol

or turn the other cheek.

i had a lady cuss me out one time because i went through a green light (going straight) while she had to wait 2 seconds for me to go(she was making a right turn)........then said i didnt signal!!!!!! ...?!?!? how does one signal going forward? some times i wonder about people :roll:

Oh ya! I was over taken by a 18 wheeler who then turnned right almost almost wrapping me up in the rear tread, knowing full well that I was there! :shock: :x .

He then got out of the rig to confront me only to find out I was a whole foot taller then him...and a lot more angry.....but that was only for a moments, for he found himself doing an under the truck check. Looking back I feel bad but man I have never been so close to death!

One time, This dumb... -BLANK- zoomed in front of me right in the middle of the cross walk. He said HEY FAT AS GET OUT OF WAI U ALMOS HIT MY KAR! I
THREW MY BIKE Down got in his face said
"YOU SEE THEM "BEEP" LINES IN THE ROAD?!?" "YOUR SUPPOSED TO STOP BEHIND THEM YOU DUMB Son of a "BEEP"!! he acted LIKE I DID WRONG! Lets just say he got in his car and left... One time someone tried to act like they were gonna hit me so i kicked their car... They kept going lol they had a huuuge black mark in their door... I hate ppl who are aggressive towards bikers...

i live in a small town, every one drives crazy here. if your not ridin on the sidewalk the cars think they can boss you around, even on my scooter goin 40 in a 30 people try to run you over and yell stuff for "bein in their way", Ive been known to let the bird fly a few times if theyre really rude, but for the most part i just ride like nobody can see me. guess ive just gotten used to it. more than likely ill pass the same cars at red lights and such, just stop and stare at em with a smile, seems to make some of em furious :mrgreen:

Living in Michigan, you find out real fast that bikes are looked down upon by everybody that isn't on a bike. I've had more than several bad experiences with motorists.
The local and state departments have started to build bike paths in several areas but now the old geezers think that it's for golfcarts! The cops don't wanna get involved so the bikers suffer.
The real sad thing is the motorcycle guys scream and hollar about their rights on the road, but they treat us like the car guys treat us! :x

On the other side, where we live the road is biker/racer(?) spandex/ latex infested! These guys think that they own everything around them as they ride in packs of 30 to 40. They take up whole lanes and sometimes two, clogging up trafiic for miles. These guys piss off motorists and the next time the driver sees one of two bikes they take it out on the cyclists.

Sadly this problem will probably never have a happy ending.

fast eddie said:
odd, when ppl see me they usually stop, stare, and lemme go by without saying a word. ive yelled at a few cars that weren't paying attention, but after assessing the situation they've always drove away - quickly. maybe kansas city is good bicycle city!
fast eddie outty

Wouldn't you?! :mrgreen:

Hate people that don't have respect for cyclists, I to usually flip the bird if I get mad...
But some people shouldn't be alowed to ride bikes, a week or so ago when I was driving to town with my girlfriend to buy some candy,
there was some punk kid, if a 19yr old can say that, that was doing a wheely in the middle of the street so that nobody could get past!
And he was listening to music too so he didn't hear nothing even if you used the horn, all this when there was a bicycle-road at the side of the road! I go pissed and was about to nudge him on the back wheel with my little Renault Megane Coupe, but I didn't...

I was thinking of putting 2 clips on the rightside seat stay of my bike and putting a little ball-peen hammer in it to take of unruly cage drivers windows, ALA heck'S ANGELS

I have experienced the aggression that drivers can demonstrate towards riders as well. Sometimes it's just kids hollerin' at you because they think it's funny but I've had minivan drivin' soccer moms curse me out too. Though they do it with their windows up. It's just dirty looks and murmuring. I think that the only way of dealing with this kind of crap is to be as gracious as we possibly can. Flipping people off or denting fenders is certainly not going to improve anyones opinions of cyclists. There are a lot of idiot bikers out there and we can try to contribute to a solution rather than causing the situation to worsen. Just my two bits.

when i was 30 or so i had the same experience in omaha. a car full of them charged me and threw a waterballoon. i yelled at them and took off after them. i couldn't catch them of course so i quit. well, they must have thought that was funny. they turned around and came back. i stopped and tossed my bike into the front of their car. that stopped them. i went to the passenger and grabbed his ..., not saying anything, i tried to pull him out of the window. they're yelling "dude dude, sorry man, hey dude . . . " i couldn't get him out but ripped off the front of his shirt. they backed up and sped off. i tied his shirt around my handlebars like a trophy scalp. i bet they didn't do that again for a while. that was 1988 - nowadays i'd probably be shot. but i always carry dog repellent - it's good for @$$holes too. :wink:

I used to ride around with a big bike-lock in my lefthand to whack on car-roofs if they cut me of... but that was in the eighties too! :lol:
Now I try not to get mad. But I hate it if people don't see that I'm cycling with a 6 year old next to me, and just cut us off or whatever...

Latest posts

Back