Roadmaster and Western Flyer Repro's Value?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I went to an indoor flea market today and a guy was selling a Roadmaster and Western Flyer repro's He said they were original. I told him if I believed that for a second you'd already have my money. Both are in way to great of shape to be original bikes, we're talking almost mint. My question is what are they worth? I'm thinking of buying them both to resell but my knowledge of what people will actually pay for these things is limited to ebay. A Flyer sold for $700 and the one I saw today is easily in the same condition( I took pics but I haven't been able to upload any pics to this site for over a day now.) The Roadmaster Luxury Liner is in near mint condition as well aside from a mark on the seat.
The guy is asking $350 for the Flyer and $4-someting for the Roadmaster. I thought that was odd as well. If I buy them it would only be to resell them. They got too much class for little ole' me. So what do you guys think they're actually worth? Should I buy them or pass?

Thanks

The Luxury Liner will easily part out between $400 and $500 if everything is in good condition.

Heh...I wasn't even aware these reproductions are out there. After a little poking around, I'd like to believe that your seller wasn't trying to be deceptive--these ARE original...just not from the 1950's. His prices don't sound too unreasonable, were you in the market to own, but not exactly a bargain for flipping, from what I can tell.

Back