Roadmaster Mt. Fury Bobber (random cold day bordom)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rodmaster Mt. Fury Bobber (random cold day bordom)

LukeTheJoker said:
Trippy chain work Lucas!

Luke.
Thanks! I was pretty impressed with how well it worked out 8)
Funny part is, it wasn't planed dual chains, it just kind of happened when I was thinking of how to run a chain. But I'm glad that it worked :D

A little update: We have some things painted! :D
The red color is a flat burgundy color, it looks real good with black
Chain guard
67199_604439822902775_465501130_n.jpg

After putting it back on, and getting the bars and bracket painted
154860_604680559545368_49881910_n.jpg

Over shot of the bars, bracket and grips
377597_604680689545355_142397108_n.jpg

Little update. Took a fender light off of a 53 Chevy truck fender and made a "headlight" out of it, then took my front fender from my old sting ray and made a rear fender. What do you guys think?
35531_605869929426431_899063939_n.jpg

(The mud tire on the front needs to go :lol: )

Lowlife Lucas said:
I like to build things that are different and slightly wild :lol:
Understatement of the year? :wink:
Looking good Lucas, I bet you get people looking at you when you are out riding this one!

Luke.

LukeTheJoker said:
Lowlife Lucas said:
I like to build things that are different and slightly wild :lol:
Understatement of the year? :wink:
Looking good Lucas, I bet you get people looking at you when you are out riding this one!

Luke.
Thanks, Luke! It does tend to turn a few heads, especially the dual chain drive :wink:

So, I've been sitting around thinking, and I think I'm going to take this dual chain further. I've got an old coaster brake hub I'm thinking about throwing into this setup. As of now, I technically have two free wheels and I can spin it backwards. However, if I can throw in a coaster brake hub and run a chain to it off of a spare gear, when I pedal it backwards, it'll work as if it were a wheel. Anyone confused yet? :lol:

Ah, yeah, I am confused... :?
But I will just wait for the photos to try and work it out, knowing how quick you work, that should be in about 15 minutes or so! :lol:

Luke.

LukeTheJoker said:
Ah, yeah, I am confused... :?
But I will just wait for the photos to try and work it out, knowing how quick you work, that should be in about 15 minutes or so! :lol:

Luke.
I'm honestly not sure how I'm going to mount the hub yet, I've just got a few ideas in mind :wink:

No luck with said brake, but it looks somewhat different. I'll let you guys see if you see it :wink:
283839_648383998508357_1226732598_n.jpg

Let me know what you all think :)
I'm still indecisive about the bars, I may change them up, don't really know yet.

I'm open to suggestions on a rear tire for this, it's 24".
That's why this thread :arrow: http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=73401 is up.
It has a StingRay tire on the rear as of now. It's getting in terrible shape, dry rotting and cracking.
I'm looking on Amazon with hopes of finding something, but unfortunately they don't have the StingRay tire. They have the Slim Cat, but it's out of my price range. Keep in mind, I'm trying to give this a old school motorcycle feel.

Choice one:
Replacement Tire 24 x 2.1 Front Wheel of Schwinn StingRay Chopper
02635.JPG

(And of course, it's out of stock. Wish I had some way to get one from those of you that have them :? )

Choice two:
Cheng Shin C241 Street Bicycle Tire (Wire Bead, 24" x 2.125", Black Wall)
4113E3A%2BWEL._SX385_.jpg

Choice three:
CST Cyclops Tire - 24 x 2.4 BLK/BSK
31ECgHTDRoL._SX385_.jpg

(I can hear Kingfish now, "MO FATTA, MO BETTA!") :lol:
However, I'm not too certain my dual chain drive would clear such massive tire, but possibly if it was re-geared :wink:
But then again, option two seems pretty old school. I hate being so indecisive :? :lol:

Back