Roadmaster!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my new Roadmaster:

Christmas09065.jpg

Christmas09066.jpg

I got it free from a friend who is really into hot rods and old cars, but not so much the bikes. He knew who he should save this one for though :wink:

I don't know what year it is, but I have already sent a PM to rms37 so I'll see what he says. If anyone else wants to give ID'ing it a crack, the Serial number is: C50976 54? where '?' could be a 1, n, or m, or maybe nothing.
It's running a skiptooth drivetrain, which has a little rust, but looks like it's in pretty good shape still.

This will likely turn up again in RRBBO5, I'm glad I can enter a real ballooner now.

Thanks for looking.

Skiptooth drivetrain with newer style forward facing dropouts? That seems odd, but cool new project for you. 8)

So according to rms37, it's a 54.
rms37 said:
The key is the 54 which means 1954, that is the year that CWC introduced that headbadge, those dropouts, and the flat chainstays. The 54 should be followed by a large C with a small w inside. Sometimes the stampings are shallow or incomplete. The C at the beginning of the serial number would place production late in 1954

Thanks again rms.

The 26T Roadster pickup is mine, but it's at my dad's shop, a 5 hour trip away from me :cry: The pickup box is too short to carry a bike, but I'll manage :wink:
Further in the background is his '70 Cutlass

Back