RoadTrack Racer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
Started this project few weeks ago , and thought ill start a thread for it.
Its a Peugeot 700c road bike that had speeds , then i was very tired of the skipping gears , so i changed to single speed , then i found it was so much lighter and reliable i loved it,
but one day , the chain skipped "Again"in full acceleration and i heart my self so bad i trow the bike on a post :x (took me 2 weeks to recover from my injuries) sadly this impulsive reaction caused a bent top tube :cry: but its a bad for a good , i decided to replace the top tube and from that, was born a idea :)

before "with speeds"
simbike-1.jpg

before"single speed"
DSCN4813.jpg

1st mockup , decided to change the fork for an old CCM fork and modify it to look like BTR back in the days , the original full chromoly one was scary flexible
DSCN4927.jpg

DSCN4928.jpg

and made this head badge in lead , engraved with dremel tool :D (thanks to Clancy)>>> http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24711
DSCN4875.jpg

DSCN4877.jpg

DSCN4880.jpg

DSCN4909.jpg

DSCN4895.jpg

found a great place "bike builder/shop" that could do the welds for me , it was cheap and very well done , he even made me a new stronger top tube in chromoly without the notchs
DSCN4931.jpg

DSCN4930.jpg

DSCN4929.jpg

those wheels/handle/stem will be changed , i will run a coaster brake on 36spoke alloy rims

almost finished the sanding /priming
i think maybe a bronze or charcoal color with black rims could be nice , but not sure yet
AMone-77CycleIIHIHBRONZEPEARL.jpg

More to come soon!

Super work and thought going into this build!!!
BRAVO!!!!

cman said:
Very aggressive look.
thanks! i take it as a compliment , that's exactly the look i am after

iam in the painting process , the can and the pictures , does not show any flakes in the paint and a some what dark color , but it came out with a lighter color with flakes ...
looks good with not to much light , but i fear a cheese metalic sparkle when ill get out in the sun :| (i f*** hate when they sell paints that does not match the cap)

OneHorsePower said:
iam in the painting process , the can and the pictures , does not show any flakes in the paint and a some what dark color , but it came out with a lighter color with flakes ...
looks good with not to much light , but i fear a cheese metalic sparkle when ill get out in the sun :| (i f*** hate when they sell paints that does not match the cap)

forget that post ¨¨ the clear coat for this paint kind of dissolve the flake effect and made it darker ...very weird , but at least i got the results i wanted :mrgreen:

($_$)
DSCN4940.jpg

DSCN4941.jpg

DSCN4939.jpg

as you can see on the pics , iam working on a custom handle bar wich is inspired by the BTR Indian bars , these will be very practical and better looking than regular drop bars
there are made out of cheap "bar ends" witch i removed the glued aluminum tube to keep only the fitting , and press fitted new bar pieces on .. just need to pop a rivet when i find the official position .

other than that , received my rims ,and they are already going to paint tomorrow :)

Beautimous!!!!

OneHorsePower said:
kingfish254 said:
Beautimous!!!!
:) beauti i understand , but mous ?

Just a made up word similar in meaning to Fantabulous.

Just tought there was a meaning , but could not find what it was :wink:

i hope i can finish it before the picture challenge do date even tho its not so ratty anymore

HOLY POOP!

did you make those Drop handles?
man those are awesome, i would love some of those..

also that color looks way more amazing then i had pictured it would be :D

iven said:
HOLY POOP!

did you make those Drop handles?
man those are awesome, i would love some of those..

also that color looks way more amazing then i had pictured it would be :D

Thank's! :)
yes i made theme ..well i am making theme , i still have to fix them in position and test if they will hold the torque of "onehorsepower" :lol:
for the paint , it was a pain in the *** , is does not cover like regular paints , and if you put a tiny bit to much , it runs and mess up the metalic finish , so i got it right only after sanding the second coat and applying a thin third one .. i would have never chosen this color if i did not find the AstonMartin bike picture , I am glad i did

Back