roasted slicks and burned nitro!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got home from the lucas oil national's here at the brainerd international raceway, and it was INSANE!! The nitro funny car's were breaking 330 mph! :shock: we gt to see about 6 people completly grenade their motor's too, like shrapnel flying and fireball's and cool stuff. Anyone on here pay attension to the race circut's for these speed demon's? I'm definatly going to start! I half to stay home tomorrow, but I'll be back for the next two days!

Love standing @ the fence when fuel cars are running.
Total body experience, sights, sounds, smells, and "feel" them as well
Love it!

I went to the US nationals in Indy twice back when I was in auto tech and auto body! It was awesome and I came home with enough free stickers to cover three cars and several autographed photos! :mrgreen: I even got to watch as Tony Shoemaker's rear wing came loose and he hit the wall, amazing he kept her upright... Bet it was a wild ride for him. Also got to stand about 5 feet behind a top fueler taking off (Best view in my opinion). Ah the smell of burnt Goodyear, fried clutches, and NITRO! Nothing better. :mrgreen:

I try to go to the U.S. Nationals every year. I used to drag race my street car years ago. I've been fortunate to have met a few drivers, their families and to be almost run over by John Force on his pit bike......twice! It's definitely an adrenaline pumping event!

Your lucky chips! I got to say hi to john force, and after that a attractive girl sat next to me for the rest of the weekend :D

charliechaindrive said:
Your lucky chips! I got to say hi to john force, and after that a attractive girl sat next to me for the rest of the weekend :D

I'm not sure that's luck... He's got a shop near me. He hosts a nice car show there every year. Very nice guy and goes out if his way to make sure kids get the VIP treatment.

His headquarters are out here(Forces) and he has a couple few shows a year.
Aint been to 1 yet tho.

Latest posts

Back