"Rock You Like a Hurricane" goes to the beach..

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Calamity - (paint update 5-27)

Thanks guys. The girls chose the color. We are thinking some bright orange pinstriping or accents when the sea foam cures.
Your hot-rod color looks a brighter green, dogdart..go with it!! That would look especially awesome too with the dark green.

Bet you wish you had my rims.
WP_001604.jpg

color choice looks cool an vintage man thats going to an awesome ride can't wait to see the finished bike :)

That blue is looking great on the double top tube frame.
I am liking this build!

mitchelangelo said:
Thanks guys. The girls chose the color. We are thinking some bright orange pinstriping or accents when the sea foam cures.
Your hot-rod color looks a brighter green, dogdart..go with it!! That would look especially awesome too with the dark green.
I might still do it , but with the colors reversed .

kingfish254 said:
Bet you wish you had my rims.
WP_001604.jpg
man those are some sweeeet looking rims and tires! The red walls and sea foam would look cRaZy cool on my ride. Oh yeah! :eek:

I need some ideas to rip off when I get to buildin' one of my Hawthorne bikes.Love twin top tubes :D
The color looks like sky blue to me and I love it.Keep having fun :!:

it's kind of a cross between sea mist and turquoise to me. Pictures don't show the true color sometimes. Happy to possibly have something worth ripping off circa...Thanks!! :wink:

Re: Calamity/Hurricane getting closer...

some getting closer pics
calamityhurricane005.jpg

calamityhurricane003.jpg

calamityhurricane004.jpg

calamityhurricane002.jpg

calamityhurricane001.jpg

still have some other additions and kinks to work out. The fork isn't fitting correctly in the neck...think I'm gonna have to order a headset. Tried different combinations of everything in the shop! Guess I need to research how to measure that stuff for a correct fit. It is threadless.

Re: Calamity/Hurricane getting closer...6/3/12

That looks cool and super comfortable8)
It also looks like some compression on the top fork plate would hold everything together and remove any slop that might be causing you grief.
Can' wait to see more :!:

Super clean lines on this build!!

Thanks guys. Besides being my first build-off bike, it has to be a comfortable riding bike too ... reason for the seat, handlebars, speedo, bell, fenders and 3 speed coaster brake. It will be getting many miles logged on it.

oh yes, it will get some kind of orange something.... not sure if we're going to keep the head and taillights unless I can convert them to LED's. We do ride at night a few times a month. :?

Sweet build so far :D

Loving the color. The pinstriping should really make it pop. That rear fender is sweet. I am digging this build.

Terry66 said:
Loving the color. The pinstriping should really make it pop. That rear fender is sweet. I am digging this build.
Aww man is this bike da shizzz !! Get ta page one and GTB!! Peace

raggedjim said:
That bike is clean! I keep seeing bikes that look almost finished and it's starting to worry me...

Good luck, Rg
Yeah i'm seeing that too! So let's keep those page two guys on page one,stop slacking and...GTB!!!!!

Latest posts

Back