Rollfast Deluxe ballooner

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been putting off going and grabbing this bike because I didnt know what the guy had.Glad I went to look.Id guess its an early 50's bike from the gooseneck.It has awesome ratbike patina with a cool tank logo.Cant save alot of it but theres enough for a great rat. paid 20.00
019-1.jpg

020-2.jpg

021-1.jpg

I'dda been all over that too. I paid 150$ for a crustier-than-that Rollfast. It's earlier and it's the long tank but it was mostly rust, not crud. Made the RRB calendar though when I put it together :mrgreen:

Hands down, best riding bike I have. Great pick you made there! Enjoy.

DSCF3100.jpg

Here are some pics in better lighting.The rusty/mildew,moss scrubs off with cheapo SOS pads,no harm to the paint underneath.
I have high hopes of a super cool rat coming from this bike,I love its style and graphics.
hiawatha002-2.jpg

hiawatha001-3.jpg

amazes me the headset is free,the pedals turn fine,the hubs roll great.To bad alot of the tires are laying in my yard as they fell off while rolling it to the house.lol

One thing I want to make clear is that I got it for 20.00 because the guy really just wanted it to go to a good home.He didnt care about the cash.He heard I work with old bikes and dont try to make money off them and figured I was the guy for the old family bike.I try to make a point of finishing a bike and cruising to the owners house and showing it to them,Ive seen folks nearly cry seeing there old bike back on the road.
hehe Just my little way of reassuring ya'll Im a decent guy who has no intention of ganking folks!

5Id5U05Jd3k63M73L6c3v92f0f900be2a15e357rollfast-1.jpg
That was a nice find..i was looking for that early 50's style but settled for late 50's Rollfast....all the Rollfast seem to have their own style..."Kool"

That's gonna make for some drastic before/after pics :!: Sweet find 8) 8) 8)

Wow, great find and great save! It seems that Rollfast and other Snyder built bikes have the year stamped in reverse on the BB, along with two letters. So, '35 AB' would be a '53. Not an absolute proven theory, but there are several bikes that seem to follow the pattern. -Adam

Rustinkerer said:
Wow, great find and great save! It seems that Rollfast and other Snyder built bikes have the year stamped in reverse on the BB, along with two letters. So, '35 AB' would be a '53. Not an absolute proven theory, but there are several bikes that seem to follow the pattern. -Adam
cool,ill check that out today,thanks!

Back