Rollfast

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently picked up this Rollfast tank bike for 50 bucks, long drive (4 hours total, 2 there and 2 back) but to good of a price to refuse. The serial number reads " B 60849 " not sure if the Rollfast bikes share the same nomenclature as the Murray bikes, any help on a year model would be greatly appreciated. I spent all afternoon today takin er apart, I regreased everything, I was surprised to find she came apart so easily. I changed the wheelset and tires, pedals, torpedo headlight, chain, seat, seat post, bars and stem. The cranks and front sprocket polished out perfectly, no pitting at all, all the bearings cleaned up like new and repacked with Mobile One sythetic grease. This thing rides nice, big ole 48 tooth up front so I paired it up to a 22 rear drive sprocket, very smooth. With the old wheels still on I wiped the whole frame, fenders and fork down really good with alcohol and then put a couple coats of clear on it for the time being to help kind of seal it . Here's how she turned out,...

From this,...
Picture813.jpg

To this,...
RF4.jpg

RF3.jpg

RF1.jpg

Thanks, yea I really like it alot just as she is, and gotta be the best deal yet i've found to date! Finally a score! :D

deven_science said:
Dang! I want to find a score like this! That's a long drive, though, so there is that.

Only cost me 30 bucks in gas. So I have a whopping 80 bills invested in it with the exception of the parts I already had and installed on it. :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back