Rollfasts, Bicentennials, Graffiti and Junkyard Gems.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well its been a busy few weeks. I've got rims and tires for my rollfast instead of stealing the whitewalls off of my moms Huffy. I went up to see my friend back in Guelph and we built a bike out of a ladies frame i found in my friends back yard, we cruised around for the weekend and found some graffiti, and this weekend i hit the jackpot at an antique festival and brought home some new gems.

So this is the rollfast as of now, except i have black grips on the handle bars.
dsc01037ac6.jpg

it was a very slow night at work and no one was around. the bike was begging to be shot.
dsc01046vy6.jpg

dsc01051rj8.jpg

"My bike takes me places education never could". Agreed.
dsc01073nh5.jpg

Give a couple guys a few beers and an afternoon, and we can solve the worlds problems with bicycles. Behold! The Bicentennial! Note the shiney pink rim.
dsc01082jh0.jpg

Then i bought 4 bikes today at an antique show. Hopefully someone can tell me something about them. The red and white one is an AMF Roadmaster. Im going to fix that one up and my dad has offered to buy it from me. My aunt wants the rusty womans tanker, but I want that one for myself, so I may give her the rusty blue one. The rusty ladies tanker says Roadmaster on the front plate, but the blue ladies one doesnt have a plate on it at all.
Roadmaster:
dsc01101at5.jpg

dsc01099bn7.jpg

dsc01095mh6.jpg

Rusty Roadmaster
dsc01091hu9.jpg

dsc01096zx2.jpg

Blue Ladies and the $2 Ross Special
dsc01086jc6.jpg

dsc01090tb0.jpg

dsc01098my9.jpg

the garage is slowing filling up...
dsc01097kc7.jpg

CCR said:
cool rusty roadmaster, i gotta ross just like yours cept yellow/single speed and cheaper :lol:

even cheaper than $2??? man, i got ripped off!

what are those road masters worth anyway kev?
i felt i paid a fair price for them.
i think for the mens im going to give it some spit shine and see how it turns out but for the womans would it be even worth doing a resto on? whats the difference between unrestored and restored roadmasters like this? i dont want to take any of the value away from an unrestored one if it has any.

runt262 said:
CCR said:
cool rusty roadmaster, i gotta ross just like yours cept yellow/single speed and cheaper :lol:

even cheaper than $2??? man, i got ripped off!

what are those road masters worth anyway kev?
i felt i paid a fair price for them.
i think for the mens im going to give it some spit shine and see how it turns out but for the womans would it be even worth doing a resto on? whats the difference between unrestored and restored roadmasters like this? i dont want to take any of the value away from an unrestored one if it has any.

YESHONEY knows a lot about The Roadmasters.
He was Building one for his Rat Rod Bike Build off.

That Ladies Roadmaster tank is a saught after tank!

and the Mans Roadmaster ??

you'd have to watch Flea Bay and see what they go for.
But if you Paid $100.00 or Less for that Mans Roadmaster you got a Screaming deal!

.... man! i did get an awesome deal! there werent many people with bikes at this antique show though, so im sure there werent many bike experts at it.

but i got more than a screaming deal......i lost my voice on this one. hahahaha

love the pics in the factory like setting with low light. it is funny i have seen a few bikes with the bars set like yours and i love it but we almost need to call these bikes something else than boardtrackers almost more of a bobber, or cafe racer. i have had a few customers come into the shop and call my schwinn a bobber.

karfer67 said:
love the pics in the factory like setting with low light. it is funny i have seen a few bikes with the bars set like yours and i love it but we almost need to call these bikes something else than boardtrackers almost more of a bobber, or cafe racer. i have had a few customers come into the shop and call my schwinn a bobber.

thanks about the pictures, i just wish i had a tripod so they didnt turn out blurry. but yeah ive seen a few bikes with upside down handle bars. my dad actually gave me the idea to do it. he said he had a few bikes similar to mine and him and his brothers flipped them over.
but yeah a name needs to be given to these bikes. ive tried explaining it to some people at work and ive been telling them it looks like a 20'ish harley race bike.

TheDuke said:
I love the Roadmaster! Restore or Rat? :idea:

the mens roadmaster, im just going to clean up and ride. maybe a couple of bolt ons, maybe some forks and bars whos knows. but nothing crazy to change it too much.

but i havent decided about the womans bike yet. ill get it ridable soon but if i do anything with that itll be restored.

Please don't restore this bike. It has perfect patinha. I will give you a ladies Roadmaster with tank to restore if you sell me this bike. Please, Please , Please don't change anything on this bike.! :( :shock:

Rusty Roadmaster
dsc01091hu9.jpg

dsc01096zx2.jpg

yeshoney said:
Please don't restore this bike. It has perfect patinha. I will give you a ladies Roadmaster with tank to restore if you sell me this bike. Please, Please , Please don't change anything on this bike.! :( :shock:

yeah it does look pretty good as it is. it looks like it was dipped in coffee. ill keep it as is like that. but ill be keeping the bike at my place for now. itll be my little old rusty cruiser.

rest easy. the bike stays as is.

Phew!

:lol: :D :lol: :D 8) :D :lol:

Thanks!

i actually just pumped some air in the rusty roadmaster tires and took it out for a spin. i dont even need to do anything to it. the head turns perfectly, the crank turns smooth. the only thing is that the rear tire is old and weak on the sidewalls so there are a few bulges but other than that, the thing rides real smooth. i might just throw some temporary white walls on it to cruise around on so i dont ruin the rear tire more.

After 3 and a half years I am adding this Ladies Roadmaster to my fleet> I wouldn't ordinarilly add a Ladies bike, but I have the Mens version of it. Same year and colors. I look forward to having a nice matching set. Merry Xmas to me!

Joe

Back