Rolling Relics San Francisco ride July 21st

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
It's official! My Rolling Relics reliability ride is set up! This ride will take place in San Francisco on July 21st. I made a few slight changes from the last post so here we go. We will all meet up at Pier 39. There is a garage directly across the street as well as many other lots on the embarcadero on your left hand side approaching pier 39. Prices range from $15-35 for the day. The meeting time for the ride to begin will be 10AM SHARP! I cannot wait for anyone that is late arriving so please be on time or we will miss our ferry ride on the way back. We will start off eating an early lunch right there at Pier 39 at any restaurant of your choice. I'm giving everyone 1hr for the brunch break and then we will start the ride. We have 2 hills that we will have to walk the bike up. I tried to go around them but there is no way. There will also be 5 quick stops of 15-20 mins each for photos, to catch your breath, rest your tail or drink some water. The ride will lead us down the embarcadero along the waters edge. We will be stopping off at the Palace of Fine arts for some pictures, as well as Fort Point military installation that guarded our Bay and the Bridge. We will cross the Golden Gate Bridge (there is no toll for bicyclists) and continuing on into Sausalito and taking the Ferry boat back to the city which takes $20 mins on the boat which will be passing by Alcatraz also. The Ferry ride is $10.50 and the only problem with it is that they want us to lean the bikes against each other. I just placed my jacket in between mine and it was fine. They only allow 50 bikes per boat so we should be able to fill up the whole boat with just our bikes I hope? Once we get back into the city it will be roughly 4pm. For those of you who want to continue on with te ride we can go to the Penny arcade with old games from the 1920's. We can spend an hour there and then I was planning an afetr party at Eddie Rickenbacker's 40 Cycles of yesteryear. They have food as well as a full bar and the best part.....26 Vintage motorcycles hanging from the ceiling! Indians,Excelsiors,Harleys, and a couple scooters and whizzer bikes, etc.. I HIGHLY recommend that you service your hubs and check your tubes on your bike. There are some downhill areas that will require braking and I don't want any accidents please so make sure your brakes stop GOOD. Remember we will be in a pack of roughly 40 people so the last thing you want to do is crash into the person in front of you. So you will need money for parking,food and the boat ride. See you there and ride vintage!!

Here are a couple pictures from last uears ride which took place in September.
305023_245025605539941_100000975113642_660737_2326418_n.jpg
300560_215012961889792_100001432690557_599447_5838144_n.jpg

Back