Rookie builds by veteran builders

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spaceliner frames are where it’s at…😎
They have such a wild looking frame. I know a dozen people who cut their teeth on Spaceliner frames. Then, as time goes by, you find out all the other goodies to be had, and it's a perpetual 🤯🤯🤯

@Captain Awesome
137479-IMG-20200901-185808709-2.jpg

https://ratrodbikes.com/threads/simple-green-bringing-it-to-the-finish-line.111157/page-8

Build-off #7
-was my first build-off ,I just wanted to be part of group who enjoyed bikes like myself.
At the time I liked Cafe Racers so '67' was the build. And didn't have many frames or parts at the time, so the idea was to build a bike from what junk I had.
Grabbing 26th place - I was happy being a girl in a boys world.
1682489579109.png

The junky start of it all...
1682489657097.png

My first build-off entry was for BO8.

Rattled...

View attachment 229171

Wish I still had it.

Glen.
I love that bottom profile, gives it that boat/ship vibe. Beautiful bike!
Build-off #7
-was my first build-off ,I just wanted to be part of group who enjoyed bikes like myself.
At the time I liked Cafe Racers so '67' was the build. And didn't have many frames or parts at the time, so the idea was to build a bike from what junk I had.
Grabbing 26th place - I was happy being a girl in a boys world.View attachment 229200
The junky start of it all...View attachment 229201
Awesome! I love that junky start as well!

The ratrodbikes archive has great builds, love the enormous diverse builds, creative freedom and range of builder types and skills. I am repeating myself here, but deeply enjoy that part.

I love that bottom profile, gives it that boat/ship vibe. Beautiful bike!

Awesome! I love that junky start as well!

The ratrodbikes archive has great builds, love the enormous diverse builds, creative freedom and range of builder types and skills. I am repeating myself here, but deeply enjoy that part.
And don't forget that very important "open mind" that gives the chance to try new stuff, supported and encouraged by a peer group spread around the world

I joined the forum in 2008, but I think I waited until 2012 to join a BO. Here's a few of my early entries:

BO7 Seminole
Seminole BO 7.JPG

BO8 Wester Flyer
Wester Flyer BO8.JPG

2015 Berkshire:
Berkshire - 2015 - 5th place.JPG

Little Neutrino is the bike that brought me here but I didn't build it right away.
My First build here was Headbanger for a Muscle Bike BO

Headbanger1.jpg
Hedwrap.JPEG

I've modified it a couple times...
This is Headbanger III
Headbanger III final.jpg

My actual rookie build happened before I joined RRB, but it was also the bike that made me check out this forum for the first time in 2014, when I started converting this rustbucket into a decent daily ride to tow my homebuilt trailer:

PhotoGrid_1408315704411.jpg

PhotoGrid_1406318241249 2.jpg

In 2015 in joined the forum and in 2016 I participated in my first build off, BO11 with my BarrelBanana Lowrider:
SAM_0369.jpg

Ahhh... yes... I remember the first Muscle Bike Build Off. That was my first actual build on the forum too, with Chopster...

Chopster.jpg

Which was rebuilt in a subsequent MBBO to Chopster Part 2...

Chopster_2.jpg

@Endlesschain now has both Rattled and Chopster.

Glen.

Good to see you Glen, that was a fun little buildoff that one...

Good to see you too, Luke.

Yes, it was a fun wee build-off... and I was quite happy with my results since it was my first time welding.

Perhaps I'll do another build-off in the future, but not this time.

Glen.

I think my first build-off was BO08, with New Age Hawthorne, but sadly I think all pictures are gone from the forum. My second one “Wheatpenny” was much more well received, but I think those pictures are gone too. This was back when I was hosting my own pictures from my own domain, which is now long gone. I think I have completed 6 builds and started 8 or 9, not including this one.

This is basically the beginning of my journey, I think shortly before I discovered RRB:
IMG_20170916_172405.jpg

Yep, it's my electric felt bike, now the only thing that's left from this picture is the frame, everything else has been replaced :D

Then this is my first BO entry:
103029-20190829-174019.jpg

And then this is the build that placed me in a top 10:
IMG_20200831_090706.jpg

Latest posts

Back