Route 66 Rollfast Cruiser BOTEN! Finished

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

Reaction score
I am going to throw my hat in the ring for the first time. My wife brought this frame home a while back, and she wants me to build it into a cruiser. In her words "not ratty, shiny paint" So it will be a resto/mod (mild Custom) project. I will likely look for advice along the way.
standard.jpg

it came with a rear rim with three speed hub, I will keep the hub at least. here it is up on some rims. I might try to find a springer front fork.
standard.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Nice starting point. Fat cream tyres sounds good. Any ideas on colour? I'm sure the wife has input there.

And I really like that caravan in the background... is it a wee teardrop?

Glen.

Reaction score
Cool got love a women who say build me a bike . Good bike to start with ,the 3 speed will be cool she will like that . Also like your little camper ( caned ham ) getter done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Very cool [emoji106][emoji106]

kingfish254

CHECK OUT MY SALE THREAD FOR COOL STUFF!
Pro Member
Reaction score
It would look good in the color of the wheels on tear drop or maybe a little liter green. It would tie the two together . Look good at the camper shows ...

I was thinking the same thing. That green on the wheels would look nice with creme fatties.

Reaction score
It would look good in the color of the wheels on tear drop or maybe a little liter green. It would tie the two together . Look good at the camper shows ...

Better yet, bare metal with matching green rims and all black balloon tires.

Reaction score
O ya , I think you should just sell us the tear drop & bike , as a bundle ... LOL[emoji12]

Reaction score
Very cool! That current fork looks a little bent though, if you are switching to a springer it is not an issue, but if you are keeping that one, there are some good threads for fixing it if you run a search on the forum...

Luke.

Reaction score
A bit of work has been done , got it thrown together with wheels and tires,so I could test ride it.
probability wont be done in time... But I will step it up into high gear. pics to follow soon.

OddJob

Staff member
Pro Member
Reaction score
I'd have a hard time covering up that patina too....after all, it took years to achieve that level of beauty! Of course, that's the perspective of someone on the verge of sexagenarianism.....(I wonder if that will get through the censor filter....):rolleyes:

Last edited:

kingfish254

CHECK OUT MY SALE THREAD FOR COOL STUFF!
Pro Member
Reaction score
What color did you decide on?

Reaction score
I'd have a hard time covering up that patina too....after all, it took years to achieve that level of beauty! Of course, that's the perspective of someone on the verge of sexagenarianism.....(I wonder if that will get through the censor filter....):rolleyes:
love your Beer Boy build

The Renaissance Man

__CERTIFIED DIVER__ (Open Water & Open Dumpster)
Staff member
Reaction score
Love the shifter and cable!
standard.jpg

I had to google that one. :21:

Latest posts