**RRB 2012 AUCTION BIKE-**UNITY**

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha had a series of power outages yesterday that kept me from working! I got a free week at the shop so this week a lot will get done! Starting today!

got the oxalic acid today! parts are soaking! got the paper for the stencils today! going to work on that tomorrow! and im going to work on staining the wood tonight for the tank! still looking for 25 dollar donation for the grips and any type of money donation to go for the pinstripe! this is going to be a big week for this bike! tank stencils paint seat!!!! alot coming! pics of tank tonight!

thank you (buckfiddy) for the grip donation all that is left is alot of my work and anyone who wants to donate towards the pin stripe! even if its 5 bucks it will help! please pm me if interested! thank you!

Black Crown Tattoo said:
thank you (buckfiddy) for the grip donation all that is left is alot of my work and anyone who wants to donate towards the pin stripe! even if its 5 bucks it will help! please pm me if interested! thank you!

Your welcome. Can't wait to see how it turns out!

so first part of aging the wood...total experiment! this is an aging technique using TEA,STEEL WOOL AND WHITE VINEGAR! i took a pad of steel wool soaked it in white vinegar for 24 hrs. then you boil tea bags while its hot brush it on the wood..nothing happens..then once it dries you brush the vinegar steel wool mix on and SHAZAM! it turns whatever color it feels like! the oak got real dark! i like it...im going to white wash the light color wood to go a little better with the bike! pretty cool!

WOOD COLOR BEFORE

tanklast.jpg

AFTER PATINA! MORE TO COME!

woodtank2.jpg

woodtank1.jpg

woodtank.jpg

ok that patina was a total lie! it looked like stain! now that it dried it changed color and look like old wood! cool outdoor pics tomorrow! way cool!

Look way better now that it dried! For real looks like old wood! Not like stain! It's hard to believe that such a wierd mixture of things dose what it dose..I'll get pics in the daylight!

Oh wow, that looks awesome! You'll have to post a thread just on that fine technique. It could have many pertinent uses other than bicycles too.

Jpromo said:
Oh wow, that looks awesome! You'll have to post a thread just on that fine technique. It could have many pertinent uses other than bicycles too.

ya i will! it will work good on any wood! the oak looks awesome i wish everyone could see it in person! just finished sanding the frame so paint starts this week!

handle bars should be here soon! im using a different cooler wheelset with a little better age to sell the age factor! seat parts are soaking in acid then i will do the seat and rivet work! going to be working on bobbed rear fender..paint paint paint then final assembly and lots of little details!

where did the idea for this uild come from I know the last two yrs builds came from the logo here?!? Just wondering

I white washed the outside wood pieces! they fit the color scheme alot better now! tank will get final assembly and sit aside and wait for the paint now! going to prime the frame,forks,wheels tomorrow finish cutting stencils and finish paint this week! dogdart is coming up wed. to spoke the wheels for me while i tattoo his ol' lady! once i have the parts out of the acid and get the bars i will have some mach up photos! thanks for everyone's cooperation! this seems like its going slow but it took a little bit to get everything together! after this weekend it should fly together and i should be good with the deadline! thanks guys! the final touches are going to make this build what it is!

wood11.jpg

Back