RRB BO 19 Awards and Prize Pool

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OddJob

Staff member
Pro Member
Reaction score
Throughout the years that I have been involved in the RRB Forum build offs, there have been many prizes and awards of differing styles and natures given by individuals to other builders who 'have the stuff', in the sender's estimation. This can be a thread where you can offer up your own prize idea you may have, and maybe a bit about why and wherefore you are awarding this.

I will start by announcing my giving of the 10th Annual OddJob Award. This year with a brand-new twist!

The OddJob Award (aka The OJ) is awarded to bikes, which have a combination of real and faux-tina, and kool kustomization, epitomize the rat rod bicycle in my own weird RaT-ionalizations. Whether scratch RaT, dirty RaT, or sophistic-RaT, they all have met my RaT-ionale for what is most RaT-isfying.

This year's award is inspired by all of the use of the 'mustard technique' (first posted on forums by @The Renaissance Man, during the, well, 'renaissance period' of RatRodBikes). It is an 8 1/2" x 11" custom certific-RaT honoring those bikes that have p-RaTicularly caught my eye this year during BO 19. Mounted to black foam core board ready for display; it is the 'Cuttin' the Mustard' OJ Award!

Before this expression existed, mustard was a synonym for the best stuff. Cut it is modern expression that means to be sufficient for something, reaching a certain level of quality.

So get ta buildin' those rat rod bikes and posted on the Finished Build thread! Get your hat in the ring for a possible OJ Award!
We're coming down to the wire!!

RRB BO 19 OddJob Award.jpg

Great stuff OJ. There are some fantastic patina builds going on!

As noted in the description, The OJ can be given to dirty RaTs and sophistic-RaTs. Of course, use of a faux- tina / RaT-ina always catches my eye!

Back