RRBBO#6 is over... now what?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
erichitscar said:
Now that my vacation is almost over, I plan on getting back to my garage and doing some much needed clean up! I found that during the build off I neglected to keep a tidy shop :oops:

I have a few bikes lined up to flip, so I definitely need to clear out and clean up my workshop. This build consumed the shop as I would pull out stuff and never put it away. My actual workspace shrank everyday. It's kinda like yoothguy's sidewalk now. Somewhere underneath a pile of crap is a nice workshop.

I also plan to have fun riding and continueing to tweak BEER RUN. I really want it to blow away everyone in the Savannah Midnight Bike Ride near labor day. I also need to track down the organizers of the Savannah Craft Brew Fest and try to see if they want to use my bike as a promo tool or something so I can get free admission. I'm going to try to pimp my ride for beer.

I got my daughter comming , in september, keeping my eyes peeled for slick chick or lil tiger or z pixie , or any vintage girls bike , I have a schwinn varsity that needs some loving , and a complete, completly roached 64 schwinn stingray to build up, I want to restore it , but ......
Anyway this was a super fun expierience , can't wait for the next build , and yootheye sorry bout the comment , it looked like you were bashing some one elses bike (I just don't like that sh#t) , I didn't know ya'll were pals , I should have been paying more attention. I learn a lot. From this site, keep building

kingfish254 said:
erichitscar said:
Now that my vacation is almost over, I plan on getting back to my garage and doing some much needed clean up! I found that during the build off I neglected to keep a tidy shop :oops:
I'm going to try to pimp my ride for beer.

Nice!

cman said:
Ride.....Ride.......Ride.

Bike Vacation next week with the family. Trail of the Couer d Alene and Hiawatha Trail (1.6 mile long tunnel, more tunnels and trestles.

Then Bogus Bomb Run - 16 miles 3500 foot descent on coaster brakes

Next day Tour de Fat- I help the BBP so I will be a parade marshall and carny for breakdown.

Can it get any better than this?

erichitscar said:
WOW! you had no idea that was there? sorry about the sting, but hey, free sidewalk!

Yeah, bought the house in December from a retired man who grew up in this house, his dad built it. He told me all about the house, but never said anything about a sidewalk being hidden under years of dirt in the backyard. The backyard is very sandy and lots of trees so grows no grass, so when it rains the soil moves around a lot, I guess they got tired of sweeping the sidewalk and just let it go, weird, but it was pretty cool to find, like you said, "Hey, free sidewalk!"

socratesjpt said:
and yootheye sorry bout the comment , it looked like you were bashing some one elses bike (I just don't like that sh#t) , I didn't know ya'll were pals , I should have been paying more attention. I learn a lot. From this site, keep building

Don't worry about it, there's little way you could've known we were best friends, but here's a hint, there's very little jerky stuff that goes on on this forum, so if it seems out of line, it usually just is someone joking around.

aka_locojoe said:
cman said:
Ride.....Ride.......Ride.

Bike Vacation next week with the family. Trail of the Couer d Alene and Hiawatha Trail (1.6 mile long tunnel, more tunnels and trestles.

Then Bogus Bomb Run - 16 miles 3500 foot descent on coaster brakes

Next day Tour de Fat- I help the BBP so I will be a parade marshall and carny for breakdown.

Can it get any better than this?

Randy, Someday I wanna hit as many railtrails and bike vacations as you. But this will be easy and fun especially for the kids. One problem, my son rolled funny on his ankle and is complaining alot which he usually does not. Luckily a hookup bike still resides in my garage so we have options.

I'm jealous of the bike trails y'all get to go to and have around you, though I am happy that the canal trail here in town is advertised as a mountain bike trail and the trailhead is only about a mile from my house. It's one place cars won't try to run over me in town.

That type of thing is one of the big advantages of the area I'm in. There's a rail trail that runs right through my village. I can bomb down the hill from my house and get to it in under a 1/2 mile. From there, I can connect to another rail trail, which goes right past my parents' house, as well as connects to yet other trails. Then we've got the tow path trail along the Erie Canal, which runs a total of close to 400 miles across the state. On top of that, there are a number of other paths and trails around the area. And within 2 miles of my house, there's a town park that's a dedicated mountain biking facility, with dozens of different skill level trails. All in all, it really does make for a very bike-friendly community.

expjawa said:
That type of thing is one of the big advantages of the area I'm in. There's a rail trail that runs right through my village. I can bomb down the hill from my house and get to it in under a 1/2 mile. From there, I can connect to another rail trail, which goes right past my parents' house, as well as connects to yet other trails. Then we've got the tow path trail along the Erie Canal, which runs a total of close to 400 miles across the state. On top of that, there are a number of other paths and trails around the area. And within 2 miles of my house, there's a town park that's a dedicated mountain biking facility, with dozens of different skill level trails. All in all, it really does make for a very bike-friendly community.

That's awesome, we all make due with what we got for the love of cycling, so I won't complain anymore, I'll just ride.

I would love if my town was more bike friendly! Drivers around here don't seem to care, or pay attention to bicyclists or pedestrians for that matter. My wife and I are facing a move in the near future, and finding an area that's bike friendly is definitely high up on my list! (also a huge garage or workshop!!! :mrgreen: ) If not, I will just have to break into my neighbors house and use their living room for a bike shop. It would be priceless to watch them come home every night and say "where does all this grease keep coming from???"

Well, let's see, I was planning to relax but my youngest daughter is getting married Sunday, I got a barn full of other peoples 4 wheelers and motorbikes to work on. It's 10:27 on Friday night and I just emailed 10 pages of revised Autocad drawings to my boss for a large project due to ship overseas in a few weeks. I am planning to build a super radical custom bicycle in the near future but for now I need to be nice to my patient, long suffering wife, make my boss happy, and try to earn every extra dime I can.
I wish I knew why I feel so dadgum tired... :roll:

erichitscar said:
I would love if my town was more bike friendly! Drivers around here don't seem to care, or pay attention to bicyclists or pedestrians for that matter. My wife and I are facing a move in the near future, and finding an area that's bike friendly is definitely high up on my list! (also a huge garage or workshop!!! :mrgreen: ) If not, I will just have to break into my neighbors house and use their living room for a bike shop. It would be priceless to watch them come home every night and say "where does all this grease keep coming from???"

In this market, get a realtor and tell them what you want and how much. We lived in this city for a year in a house that belongs to the church while awaiting our house to sell elsewhere. Once we sold I found a realtor and said "We want this elementary school, stick built home, 4+ bedrooms, 2+ bathrooms, and some type of shop/garage for under $125k. She kind of chuckled, but within the week had multiple homes to show us, and we got it. My shop is 2 story (use to be an apartment up top), has a car port on the side, garage door on other side, full electric and water. You gotta stick to your guns. Wifey gets house, you get shop, no compromises, everyone is happy.

Hey,

It's kinda anticlimatic.

I've been riding a few of my other bikes for a change
I just bought this one
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=43740&p=427337#p427337
I rode it tonight and it's too "English 3spd" clunky
I'll be moving on to the modified version soon

IMG_4111.jpg

I could work on this one but I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=40221&p=391476&hilit=+sears#p391476
first, the tires must go, maybe some Schwable's
It's a nice bike and together so it's not going to get tore down (yet :lol: )
IMG_3361.jpg

My wife and me are taking a stay-at-home vacation
Riding the lakes, eating at the great local restaurants, and laying at the beach :D :D

Decided I'm going to put together this version of Hot Rod Liner from the 2nd frame I have
Rev1Done2.jpg

This one I'm going to setup for my wife
I have a nice stock springer seat that will look and work good
One piece crank set this time

I'm going to flip the bars up on my HRLiner (same angle though)
and put a 37mm Conti Contact on back for better rolling
Conti has a 42mm Contact (without wire bead & 500g (nice))
but I've only been able to find it with Reflex sidewall (not my style)
Anyone seen one without reflex?

Then we are going to ride our spaceliners to the Mpls Messaround (Rat Rod Show)
http://www.minneapolismessaround.com/

One great thing that's happened is that my wife is all fired up about getting her early '60s Hawthorne tank bike going
I promised that I would let her decide how to build it :lol:
She thinking cool 50's muted colors

And just a lot more riding :D

Smoopy's said:
I've got two full concourse restorations to do and when I find some spare time start working on this:
1973 Wurlitzer Americana 3700 jukebox

Hmmm... hey man, I need your help. PM sent.

Latest posts

Back