RRBBO -Rat Rod Biker Build Off

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the forks can be modified... springer, chopper, etc

TROPHY IT IS!!!

March 31...the end of March,
Spring Break is busy with kids...

As well we in Western Canada have about 1/10 the resources as you guys do for parts and such ,so the extension to the end of March would help.
In case we need anything shiped like tires or parts...

I don't "YET" have a pile in my back yard as big as some to rummage through. :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

so I say,

March 31

that's just my ( 1.75 cents ) ...2 cents American

Just so everyone knows...

PLEASE READ THE STICKY AT THE TOP OF THE BUILD OFF FORUM BEFORE YOU POST YOUR ENTRY.

This sticky contains all of the details and explains how to post, what to include, etc. See the sticky here:

http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=512

The goal is to keep the build off forum as clean and organized as possible. Don't want to have to wade through a lot of non-entry posts in order to see the bikes come March 31.

Thanks for your patience! :)

whew thanks for making it at the end of the month that makes life much easier on me. now what to build hmmmmm i will get back to you guys on that one :mrgreen:

:) I feel to keep an even playing field and in the
spirit of a Rat Rod bike, that all work should be performed
by the builder . In saying this, the paint should be done
from a rattle can to eliminate any professional "favours"
or ringers. After all I sure that a lot of us have connections
and would not be fair to all.

Thanks, Vroom

Vroom said:

Thanks, Vroom

Agreed. :mrgreen:

Rat Rod said:
Vroom said:

Thanks, Vroom

I second the motion. :D

dumpster_diver said:
Rat Rod said:
Vroom said:

Thanks, Vroom

I second the motion. :D

DD, your the host,

Motion carried.......

wow good thing i had not torn it apart today i was going to fork over the cash to get her powder coated lol. actually i am glad that we have to rattle can it but how are we going to prove this? after the contest if there are any who feel it is other than does that mean we have to take a video of ourselves showing how easy it will scratch? lol :mrgreen: i am so excited about this and to all that want to see a warm up to what i have in store check out the lucky 7 in the gallery.

how are we going to work the progress pics? i mean we don't want to show too much and possibly give away ideas although in the end i bet most of you guys can figure out what my handlebars will look like lol. also locojoe brings up a good question. yes i think we should have to at least declare for each person that they are going to build a bike and at least show one pic of what they are starting off with. maybe even have a cut off date to enter so that we are all even steven. just my 1 3/16 cents worth

karfer67 said:
how are we going to work the progress pics? i mean we don't want to show too much and possibly give away ideas although in the end i bet most of you guys can figure out what my handlebars will look like lol. also locojoe brings up a good question. yes i think we should have to at least declare for each person that they are going to build a bike and at least show one pic of what they are starting off with. maybe even have a cut off date to enter so that we are all even steven. just my 1 3/16 cents worth

I thought this as well..but the sooner you post up a Progress Pic.The sooner it officially is your idea.Then if subsequent photo's come in on other builds the first posted is the first idea.

My bike is already built in my head...and I would feel pretty weird,
in fact it's NOT MY STYLE,to steal ideas.

I am so excited to see other people's builds as they go because their are some AWESOME builders on the site..
which makes me think back..

where the heck is Poppa Wheelie??
havn't seen him in a while.He would bring some serious business to the table!

peace,
Kev.

i like your idea but then again sometimes i think it is like showing your cards before the show iduno. i was thinking something more like now that most of us have shown what we are starting with take progress pics but don't show them till it is done. that way the end result is more of a suprize. i understand trying to make sure that we are not just going to post a bike that is already built but then again i am sure we have built bikes and taken progress photos of them. although i am horrable at that i always forget to take before pics of customer's bikes and all i have to show is the finished product.
i guess what i am asking is are we supost to post weekly progress photos or can we with hold them till the bike is done and post them at one time? the idea of using bullet casings was great and i have been known to do that as well so thats one idea i can't use grrrrrr. lol good luck to all

I kind of like the surprise ending and it wouldn't take very many "progress pics" before viewers would know what the end result was gonna be. Not like your starting from scratch so progress pics wont be as many I suppose as some of these other build-offs.
Definately want to see the before, after and inbetween pics at the end though.

I may not get started on mine till the day before the deadline if at all.

Should we allow other folks to reply in your bike's thread in the build off forum?

Yall let me know what you think. If not then I can delete any posts that aren't by the builder.

Steve

Back