Rummy's Motorized Cafe Racer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was caught off guard while at my Uncle's a few days ago. He said he put together a motorized bike and didn't have any luck getting it going and it's been sitting for a while. I was more than welcome to take it... So of course I threw the bike rack on and headed there after work to pick it up. Here's what I ended up hauling away.

I'm thinking of turning it into a cafe style racer.

Cheapy Huffy Cranbrook bike that needs some help. He bent the left crank arm to clear the pull start. I've bent crank arms before and it felt funny but this isn't going to fly... I'd love another bike but might as well cruise this while it's together. I really want to do something stretched out with a nice big headlight.

Threw it up on the rack last night to see what I could mess with. Man I need to clean out the garage.....

Pulled the air cleaner, ditched all the useless stuff that was on the bike, moved around the choke lever, drained the tank and rerouted the gas line, cleaned up some cabling it a bit (still more to do), checked the plug, mixed up some new gas and gave it a few pulls. Actually fired up after about 4-5 pulls and sounded like it was running nice! It was too late to go for a ride but you better believe today I'm going for a cruise. haha

Last edited:
Wheels, fork, brakes, seat and post on the way. I have a vision! haha

The coppers love it. :rockout:

IMG_7736_zpsda1da2c1.jpg

I have read a lot of success stories with them but there are certainly some issues... They are cheap chinese bikes afterall. Lots of stories about crappy fender brackets breaking and fenders going into wheels at speed. Not good.

I'm stripping mine down to change some things around and try to clean up the look some. Still need to pop out tha BB and head set cups.

9509B97C-3740-43BD-8FB4-D9890022AD62_zpsnbtfk3po.jpg

Some progress. Frame stripped down, removed BB and headset cups. Cut off the chain guard tabs, cut off the water bottle inserts. Filled the holes and smoothed it all out.

C44035AD-9C07-4F5C-A54E-F43FF4FE6E7D_zps7zuley4o.jpg

Scuffed everything with steel wool. Hoping to start laying some paint tomorrow!

2F16955B-C96C-471C-83E6-BF7800A6302F_zpswm4xghqm.jpg

Good work nick looks good! It's Shane or PF.. Sprocket

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cool start! cranbrooks are cool looking frames! hope mine holds up when I am done with it

Troy

Latest posts

Back