Rust bucket 1 & 2 are coming together.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well last night I got both bikes back together and the Columbia rides great, love the flipped handle bar idea. As for the Niagara with the ape hangers, not so much. The chain is to loose so I will have to remove another link and the bearings are going to have to go, nothing like a clikety click everytime you crank a turn. Working on wooden tanks for both of them now, the columbia will have a two sided tank that will be held on with magnets, great idea my dad came up with and I cant wait to show you guys. The other I am cutting a piece of barn wood I have out for a single tank which you can see the start of in the picture.

DSC_1190.jpg

DSC_1191.jpg

Now be easy on me, I dont think they are that bad considering they both started out in my intro as mostly frames lol. Look forward to hearing some input on them.

Voodoo- Great job. These are the most RUSTic bikes i have seen.

I wouldn't mind one of those myself and the Columbia frames are cool. Especially where the brass brazing has tarnished to green. I am not a fan of the red chain.

Thanks for the input, I found both of them in seperate barns that I have torn down in the past year or so. I have several rusted chains that I have soaking in PM blaster but I think they are to far gone.

It might be cool to have a matching orange seat on the Niagra to match the grips....other than that I wouldn't change a thing.

Well, maybe a little pinstriping too...white and orange. :mrgreen:

The rustic wooden tank looks cool!

The pinstripping will be done at Live Fast next weekend in Houston. That is why I am trying to have the double sided tank done, so she can paint some stuff on it. As for the orange seat I am trying to find some material to recover that one but I may just have to salvage the springs and start all over on the pan for the buttochs.

DISTURBIO GO said:
You should just clear coat right over the rust...that would be cool.
first apply that stuff that stops rust from getting worse or youll lock the rust in and the frame will rot right through.

Kool bikes BTW!!!!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Mat

I like 'em both, but the Niagara with the wooden tank really catches my attention.

The Columbia wears the knobbies well, but the red side wall rear tire kinda throughs off the look - it looks to "new school" for the rest of the bike.

Just my $0.02 worth o' opinion

-Mp

I have barn wood laying all over the place, pay for shipping and I will send anyone that wants some. Thanks for all the compliments, it definetly pays for having salvaging skills, I dont have more than 20 bucks in each bike.

Is wood the style now? It seems to me that ive been seing allot of wood bike parts lately?

Back