Rust-DX- DONE!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rust-DX- Complete to the down tube

Sweeeeet! 8) :mrgreen: Gonna have to do any mods to fit the back tire on it??? Front one looks pretty tight!

pick said:
Sweeeeet! 8) :mrgreen: Gonna have to do any mods to fit the back tire on it??? Front one looks pretty tight!

I got the rear laced up and the big rubber mounted. I slipped it into the frame and it had plenty of clearance.

{Insert pic later}

I am still wrestling with a rusty crank to remove the skip tooth sprocket and mount a 1/2" pitch sprocket if I can get it to flash rust in the next day or two.

Lookin awesome buddy! Be sure to bring it with you on the auction bike parts swap, because I want it! :lol: :lol:

Skip tooth driver battle won! Got the skippy mounted on the hub and the rear wheel on the bike. Also found a suitable crank and Schwinn skip tooth front sprocket to mount up.

Still need to check my crusty skip tooth chain stock to see if I can get enough usable chain to make it work. I have my pedals, but need to find a layback post and a seat that fits the build.

IMAG0448.jpg

IMAG0449.jpg

IMAG0450.jpg

IMAG0451.jpg

Re: Rust-DX- Rolling!

I found a well weathered coppertone seat that will work for now until I pick out a more fitting saddle. Also found a crusty pair of Schwinn pedals that are just what was needed. All I am lacking is a 28tpi bottom bracket lock nut and a crusty but usable skip tooth chain since the two I have are still frozen up.

IMG_0549.jpg

IMG_0550.jpg

IMG_0551.jpg

IMG_0553.jpg

IMG_0554.jpg

IMG_0555.jpg

I'm really liking the faux rust powder coat, that looks awesome in the pics & probably even better in person! 8)

udallcustombikes said:
pick said:
I'm really liking the faux rust powder coat, that looks awesome in the pics & probably even better in person! 8)

I will bring it when we swap parts so you can drool on it.

Thanks buddy! You are SO generous! :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

Re: Rust-DX- A true faux-tina build

cman said:
I am digging this build. Those BOA's look great along with the finish on the parts. I also like the fat chainguard, that is why I did it on my Excelsior http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewto ... 60&t=43733

Looks awesome! The chain guard is the only non Schwinn part I have used on the bike (aside from the tires). I am going to ditch the S seat for either a new Brooks or a well used leather saddle.

This build is sick! Too bad I sold these old Schwinn grips that I had they would have been perfect for this!
IMG_1621.jpg

IMG_1620.jpg

-Moto

My chain came in the mail today and some deeper searching through parts bins turned up the missing lock nut. I finished pitying the bike together and went for a ride around town. I would share the pics, but I have to wait on the wifey to finish on the computer. : roll:

The bike rides great. The gearing is a bit higher than I like, but that is just me. I need to ride it a bit more to decide if I want to keep it or not...

Latest posts

Back