Rusted bucket

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it's a 1939 Rollfast that I originally picked up just as the frame, sprocket and twisted fork. I didn't get around to putting this up and updating it like normal, but here's a few tidbits of the progression.

This is the first build up it with my random parts.
'26 Elgin chain
Late 30s?? Colson? Fork and truss rods
d7c368b5.jpg

9cc55069.jpg

Then I started switching stuff around and made a wood tank.
3ef00b38.jpg

2c6dc2b5.jpg

9522e6cf.jpg

24695dde.jpg

And this is it now :) cheers
11367fb0.jpg

05cd8702.jpg

Man thats awesome, i wanna build me one like that. My stingrays are a bit to little for me, lol.

randalrust said:
I started with sting rays. I say go for it, 26" is fun
im up to two stingrays.. well 3 if you consider the occ a stingray :p and a jesse james chopper aswell also a girls huffy muscle bike 'RAT' i call it..
got my first 26in schwinn and man i was all excited to build it i bought it at yardsale got half way home then noticed the seat mast was cut near the bb :cry:
dont know what to do with it now.. havent tried a weld shop yet.. looking into buying a Tig.. strange thing about the schwinn it was welded :shock: ?

iven said:
randalrust said:
im up to two stingrays.. well 3 if you consider the occ a stingray :p and a jesse james chopper aswell also a girls huffy muscle bike 'RAT' i call it..
got my first 26in schwinn and man i was all excited to build it i bought it at yardsale got half way home then noticed the seat mast was cut near the bb :cry:
dont know what to do with it now.. havent tried a weld shop yet.. looking into buying a Tig.. strange thing about the schwinn it was welded :shock: ?

And why wouldn't you? I have/had 4 of them and now have 3 (2 rollers and a trike in the works) (Check out Frankentrike thread for more info) the rusted bucket looks good and looks like it would be fun to ride.

Enjoy it, and pass it on

redrkt said:
iven said:
randalrust said:

And why wouldn't you? I have/had 4 of them and now have 3 (2 rollers and a trike in the works) (Check out Frankentrike thread for more info) the rusted bucket looks good and looks like it would be fun to ride.

Enjoy it, and pass it on
my biggest struggle with building is not having enough tools.. and most peoples money...
infact i only get money to build bikes with from selling parts and scores off..
i was gonna try to get a job at a bike shop or restoration place 'even volunteer' so i could hope later to make some money at a restoration place or a shop..
but that went to the pooper when we lost the house :?
so actually the schwinn i was talking about is in another city miles away and abunch of parts aswell..

Nice :mrgreen:

Back