Rusted Paint chips

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,
I've just bought a 2004 Kustom Kruiser Kosmopolitan for the wife. I know it's not exactly a ratrod but you guys seem to be the pros when restoring old bikes and this one has been left out in the British weather for the last 4 or 5 years. There appears to be a few scratches and chips in the paintwork, right back to the metal, which have now rusted real bad.
0bb0ec3b1a3a4362888dc2a5e87cc063.jpg

The photo is of the mud guard but there are spots on the frame, forks and chain guard aswell but these ones are the worst. What I'm trying to avoid is a complete respray as the original paint job is an amazing pearlescent pink and the decals are all original and intact.
You guys know a way to tackle this best as possible? I'm thinking of approaching it with a pencil sander as delicately as possible but I'm not really sure how to touch it up afterwards.
Any help you guys can throw my way will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance...

Daz

If it has been sitting outside for a number of years chances are slim you would be able to find paint to match the color as it exists now. Bite the bullet and sand down and repaint.

Back