RustRatRod

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
picture.php

The front fender is off of a 40's Hawthorn, the frame is an 80's Huffy "Good Vibrations" that has ben "aged." The rear fender was chopped and meticulously masked and painted, the seat post is a 1" plumbing elbow from Home Depot that was chopped, rest of the parts came from my parts bin.

If your curious the rake is just from removing the spring on the fork and I replaced it with a 1" chunk of its own chopped steer tube and a shorter bolt.

maddogrider said:
Cool lookin, How does it ride?

Its not as bad as a full bent lowriderstyle springer front end, but I do clip the pedals on turns occationally. This shot was taken on a 12 mile pizza and beer club run...Medford Oregon Chupacabras for life!

Can you give more details on the seat post. Those frames were 13/16" I thought, so 1" pipe would be a impossible fit.

cman said:
Can you give more details on the seat post. Those frames were 13/16" I thought, so 1" pipe would be a impossible fit.

Brainfart, yeah its actually a size smaller but I don't remember 3/4." All I know is the elbow put my seat position in an awkward place (oldskool bmx trials, whatever), So i chopped it a little. It was also threaded, its not conduit. In the end i paid about 3bones for a seatpost with a serious bend...thank you home depot

rustbucket said:
ahhh, lovin it. rust or bust.
i was about to install my tank plate this weekend.
i like it.

btw, any other angles? would be pleasing.

I know, you can't see my Oregon Lisence plate that says "Rebel" hanging from th saddle. the lamp was free in a trade and I gutted it out and wired up a 3.5v LED, not alot of light, but it takes me about a year to wear out the 2 little N batteries. I gotta get the rest of the stable in the gallery sections. I got a 51 and a 53 Schwinns that are slightly custom (nothing too crazy but ride great) and my 60's Motorized Western Flyer boardtrack racer.

coasterbrakecustoms said:
I am really diggin this one. Love the checkered fender. This site inspires me to no end.

I took ideas from this site to do the masking, it was a really tedious.

Back