Rusty Firestone Pilot W/Serial Number?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MazdaFlyer

Like “RadioFlyer”
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found this rusty girls Firestone Pilot hiding out with old Western Flyer tires. Some of the original blue paint is evident along with accent striping. The chainguard wraps around to enclose the backside of chainring. It has a New Departure Model D hub and painted rims. The others I've seen have had chrome drop center rims. The saddle is void of a cover. I tried to detect a serial number on the bottom bracket but it is pretty rusty on the bottom. Skip tooth drive train with adjusting screws. I'm assuming it is late 40's?
3evujyje.jpg
dy3adera.jpg
na7aruqe.jpg
ydabu9ut.jpg
ajuhazut.jpg

Re: Rusty Firestone Pilot

Seeing how no one has commented on it what are your plans for it..?..

jaydub said:
Seeing how no one has commented on it what are your plans for it..?..
I did some cleanup and adjustments today, luckily no frozen bolts. I added an old kickstand, some tires and new tubes, rim strips, took out few dents and bends also. I have the chain soaking in order to free up a couple of sticky links.
I have another seat and a very old basket that I need to make some bar brackets for mounting.
At this point the goal is to get it ride ready for a swap meet in April.
9agyqusu.jpg
uhyduvu2.jpg

Wish this were a boys bike, but it is what it is. I added some parts out of my stash today. Had some old grips, a springer saddle from Tin Machine, and an old basket from an 30's Rollfast eBay bike purchase. Had to do a couple of makeshift brackets for the basket and a seat post shim in order to mount the modern seat. Still need to finish cleaning the chain. Couple of updated pics.
ynavujyb.jpg
ajavevyh.jpg
etudesyz.jpg

I see looks a lot better :wink: Good work

Very nice bike 8) ...and nice work on the basket brackets. 8)

Not seeing any evidence of a serial number on the bottom bracket. Did notice a stamped number on the seat post bracket. 0H196789
Any clues to mfg date
u2abybut.jpg
8ybedasa.jpg

Been too cold to mess with chain.

Latest posts

Back