Rusty gold!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
big kountry said:
8) 8) 8) Have you got your game plan I hope you go gasser Gas Monkey style can' wait to see her in all that sparkly paint she'll be smokin hot
Thanks man, I already got some green Schwinn sparkle grips I found in my toolbox so I am going to try to match the paint as close as I can to those. The gas monkey car is going to be my inspiration. I got my game plan all laid out just waiting on the start whistle.

I personally wouldn't cut up or alter this frame. For muscle bike enthusiasts, these are one of their "Bluebirds". However, since it is missing so many parts, it doesn't matter if you customize or restore. I would go the custom route and build something that resembles a 60s or 70s race car. Like a gasser or vintage NASCAR type theme. But it is your bike and you can do whatever you please.

ilikebikes said:
Dude! you should put one of those huge (chainring) Schwinn exersize bike cranks on it!

I wouldn't think about doing that .. But I have to admit thats the perfect muscle bike to put a big chain ring on so if I had your frame Id consider the big chain ring if you go the rat build route.. You have a ton of Clearence.. Just a FYI Your frame plugs are worth some real money to those who are missing them.. ( They tend to be missing on a lot of those frames ...)

partsguy said:
I personally wouldn't cut up or alter this frame. For muscle bike enthusiasts, these are one of their "Bluebirds". However, since it is missing so many parts, it doesn't matter if you customize or restore. I would go the custom route and build something that resembles a 60s or 70s race car. Like a gasser or vintage NASCAR type theme. But it is your bike and you can do whatever you please.

I don't plan on doing any significant cutting, just to deepen the rear dropout slots a bit to get some clearance in the back and trimming about a half inch from the steer tube so not really noticeable mods but needed. I think the look will be worth the sacrifice.

I want you to build this and have a bike being voted on this year, so don't listen to all the muscle bike guys ( :lol: ) just build this thing, "rare" is a relative term nowadays.

I already got a seat I'm gonna use, it came with a Ross Barracuda I had. No more free info till the build off. I got to keep a few secrets.

yoothgeye said:
I want you to build this and have a bike being voted on this year, so don't listen to all the muscle bike guys ( :lol: ) just build this thing, "rare" is a relative term nowadays.
The more I think of it, the more I want to rebel against the purists and just build this thing without any reguard to originality. I am done not finishing builds, building stuff that isn't up to what I can do, and letting fear of ruining a classic turn me away from building a better bike. Will it win? Probably not. Will it break out of the traditional rules? Who knows. Will it make purists cry? I hope so. Will it be cool? You better believe it will!

Latest posts

Back