Rusty Red Transporter

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great paint!!!

This weekend I'm busy again with loading round bales. I did make this top layer test piece. I'm pleased with how it looks. With the red base coat, I think this metallic red will even pop more.

transporter_72.jpg

Top layer round two. Had some trouble with a new spray can. Although it is the exact same color, it did show slightly different (more metallic). I had this problem one time before. I fixed it by warming the can in hot water. This way the viscosity becomes lower. That makes it easier to rattle the can and this mixes the metal flakes better. All solved.

transporter_74.jpg

Thanks for the paint tip. Looking sweet!

Will you be giving the polished parts a clear lacquer coat, polish or just be leaving it to Mother Nature to take care of it?

Weekends are for lug lining 💪. I brought the frame to my home workspace, here the conditions are much better for the paint to dry and cure. Last week we had a lot of rain and reasonably high temperatures. So the humidity was around 90% most of the days. This Sunday my son is with his grandparents which gave me room to lug line the frame.

transporter_76.jpg

SEXY!!!

Weekends are for lug lining 💪. I brought the frame to my home workspace, here the conditions are much better for the paint to dry and cure. Last week we had a lot of rain and reasonably high temperatures. So the humidity was around 90% most of the days. This Sunday my son is with his grandparents which gave me room to lug line the frame.

View attachment 169063
That's rad

Latest posts

Back