Rusty Red Transporter

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Final assembly has begun!

transporter_78.jpg

I'm using foam pipe insulation to protect the paint. And when the bike is fully assembled, it is a nice way of giving yourself a present to unwrap.

transporter_79.jpg

Cool idea to protect the paint with the padding. This is gonna be a classy custom hot rod.

Last night I installed the front brake, cable, and lever. Used a shortened dog collar chain as a cable guide. Grips and pedals are installed and I was planning to get the chain drive done too. Only the half-link chain I was going to use is only 100 shackles. I need 110! Ordered a second one so I can extend it.

transporter_80.jpg

Last night I installed the front brake, cable, and lever. Used a shortened dog collar chain as a cable guide. Grips and pedals are installed and I was planning to get the chain drive done too. Only the half-link chain I was going to use is only 100 shackles. I need 110! Ordered a second one so I can extend it.

View attachment 170636
I hope your extra chain arrives in time! I really like the dog collar "abuse"!
Can't wait to see this one in the open!

That is one cool cable guide.

I tried out adding a rearview mirror. I find it too bulky for the narrow look of the bike. So this is a no-go.

View attachment 170648
Didn't they use to offer mirrors that fitted right on the end of the handlebar? Maybe mount it in a similar position to a brake, but on the right hand side so that the left and right hand sides kind of balance visually?

Didn't they use to offer mirrors that fitted right on the end of the handlebar? Maybe mount it in a similar position to a brake, but on the right hand side so that the left and right hand sides kind of balance visually?
I do have got a set of mirrors that fit on the end of the handlebar. Only the casing is black. Positioning the mirror similar to the brake is an interesting idea. For now, I keep it without mirrors. I like the look of the cockpit as it is now.

Latest posts

Back