RVA Bicycle Rider

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This my ride,ridden day in,day out. I'm 53 and my bike is 10 months older then me,she was born February 13 1956. ..............Wrong year for the plate,but got it at a yard sale,right across the street,for $1.
042.jpg
it.lol
054.jpg
042.jpg
[/img]
052.jpg
[/
052.jpg
[/img]]

ByronNorton said:
This my ride,ridden day in,day out. I'm 53 and my bike is 10 months older then me,she was born February 13 1956. ..............Wrong year for the plate,but got it at a yard sale,right across the street,for $1.
042.jpg
it.lol
054.jpg

042.jpg
052.jpg

:wink:

Thank you! I got it back in 1983,for $20. Still had a banged fender,3 speed,and hand brakes. Put a coaster brake on her and went off to the "Cruiser Races",that we had around here,in the early 80's. Just put the Nexus 3 speed on,along with newspaper basket...................Getting a Worksman cycle truck this week,so the basket comes off the Schwinn & the speed goes up!

We had Cruiser races,which the only rule was fat tire single speed bicycles,so we could do anything we wanted to the other racers. Let the air out,loosen a wheel nut,lock it up,we would get the females to surround the guy in lead,at his pit stop,while someone did something to the bike. There was the Black Label 500,Tin-man,etc,prizes were a case of Black Label,pigs feet,hair goo,etc,we had fun!

Thanks!..........I have other bikes,59 Schwinn Jaguar & a late 80's Cannondale mountain bike. Oh yeah,a 67 Schwinn Starlett,in pieces,but,parts are parts!

hey...why didnt i see you before?
cool bikes ya got there man.
maybe ya aught to bring a couple up to the car show in fredicksburg next week. maybe 45 minutes north of you.
yes it's a car show(a rat rod car show to be sure), but the guys that put it on have invited motorcycles in the past and want to have rat/vintage bikes also.
PM me if ya wanna know more.

oh yeah, and welcome to the board. i have car/motorcycle/bicycle friends in richmond.

Thanks! As for the show, would love to,but gotta do my side job,painting a new garage,then onto the main house.

Back