S7 wheel pinstripes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My schwinn s7 rims were painted white from the factory with two black pinstripes around the wheel on each side of the spokes. I've completely disassembled the rear wheel sanded it, primed and painted. I'm trying to figure out how to go about getting those pinstripes back on, any suggestions guys?

theres two ways that i know of.
1:rebuild them and mount them, then with a steady hand spin them slowly and hold the brush still in one spot while the rim spins. i did this on a set of 16 inch truck rims and it came out pretty good.
2:http://www.eastwood.com/beugler-pro-pinstriping-kit.html

Spin the rims FAST with a pinstripers brush...

...and a steady hand with the Patience of a Saint.

Good Luck.

That stencil kit is nice! I think I'm going to go with that. I ain't got a steady enough hand to even attempt it free hand.
Thanks for the help guys.

I used 1/16" 3M Fine Line tape from an auto paint supply store. I ran two strips of this tape on the rim where the pinstripes are to go. I then ran a strip of the 3M tape 1/4" wide on either side of the 1/16" tape and pressed it down good. Remove the 1/16" tape, mask off the rest of the rim and spray the pinstripe. I used the same method on the guard. Piece of cake. 8) Gary
ADX012-1.jpg

^^that sounds like a great idea to. How ever I already bought the stencil kit off of eBay, can't wait. I'll try n take pics and show my results. I'm usually to eger to get stuff done with that I don't have the patience for pic taking.

Interesting. I'd been thinking about this myself recently. My question is: how difficult is it to lay the tape around the rim a consistantly? I have some experience laying striping tape on cars, but it seems like trying to lay it down on a continuous curve would be tricky.

You have a better chance of seeing GOD than trying to mask/stripe a rim with tape and having it come out halfway nice.

Just my worthless opinion.

this is how i did it.

build the wheels up as normal, and once they're true and taught put them in the truing stand.

then use a http://www.beugler.com/ pinstriper and move the wheel slowly whilst keeping the beugler still.

be ready with the rags and white spirit, it took me about 10 or 20 goes that needed wiping off before i got a stripe i was happy to let dry.

pinstripewheel004.jpg

Latest posts

Back