Sand Dune

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bikes2752.jpg

Bikes2751.jpg

Bikes2705.jpg

Bikes2707.jpg

Usually we start with the frame first, however I wanted to use this color on some rims so started there first. Krylon Khaki painted steel drop rims with black painted New Departure rear hub and Schwinn Script front hub. Original double butted spokes all cleaned and ready to go. Tires are 26 X 2.125 Red Grand Tycoon reproductions. Next the frame....?????

Bikes119.jpg

Bikes004-1.jpg

This is what a kitchen counter top is all about

Bikes2716.jpg

Taking out a couple of dents out of a Schwinn Phantom style chain guard

Bikes2709.jpg

I think I'll go with the springer

Bikes2714.jpg

Straight Bar Schwinn with a lot of pitting. I had this sand blasted several years ago; lots of filling and sanding to do.
Bikes2715.jpg

http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt33/dirtywater511/Bikes2713.jpg[/im
black powder coated skip tooth crank

[img]http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt33/dirtywater511/Bikes2733.jpg
Bikes2721.jpg

Bikes2734.jpg

Bikes2740.jpg

Bikes2742.jpg

Bikes2748.jpg

We just ordered a couple of red Schwinn decals for the seat tube and the chain guard.

Nice bike, BEAUTIFUL Home. Love the nice layout and counters. :)

man I know Ive asked on one of your other threads but will you please drop that hill in the background on picture #13!!!!!! Please get footage of it!!All I think of is old school riding when the guys were inventing the mountain bike.Full face,visor,old school jersey,elbow and knee pads and some Levi's.Killer bike by the way. P.S. Please bomb that hill!!HAHA

I can hear the hills in the background calling my name ..hear it..Jay..Jay...Jay...Ride me you know you want to..
Oh nice job on the bike.. :wink:

bikejunkie said:
man I know Ive asked on one of your other threads but will you please drop that hill in the background on picture #13!!!!!! Please get footage of it!!All I think of is old school riding when the guys were inventing the mountain bike.Full face,visor,old school jersey,elbow and knee pads and some Levi's.Killer bike by the way. P.S. Please bomb that hill!!HAHA

Been down that world class gravity ride many times. I'll put some pictures up soon. Cheers

Haha we were just in Victor montana for a week!Old town missula had some nice bike shops,and a very heavy bike scene.Every post,pole or anything stickin out of the ground had at least 4 bikes on it.Honestly its the most bikes Ive ever scene on the streets!!

bikejunkie said:
Haha we were just in Victor montana for a week!Old town missula had some nice bike shops,and a very heavy bike scene.Every post,pole or anything stickin out of the ground had at least 4 bikes on it.Honestly its the most bikes Ive ever scene on the streets!!

You're right this is a great bike community. Lots of cruisers and rat rods roaming the streets! Cheers

Nice looking bike, but don't forget to attach the coaster brake strap to the brake arm. Hate to see the hub come apart on you!

Thanks! I just looked at this site again, It has been to long! Have to start a couple of new projects soon.

Back