Saturday haul-2 bikes, 7 frames and parts

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I scored a nice little haul Saturday night. Mostly 20" Muscle bikes and frames. Instead of posting 37 dozen photos of everything and making an ungodly long post, I'll post up a link to the Fotki Album of them. Each photo has a note to go with it. I've listed the bikes numerically with a profile shot, headbadge/neck tube shot and rear drop out shot. I'm hoping you all will be able to help me identify them that need it. Any bit of input and information is always appreciated!! Thanks in advance!!

http://public.fotki.com/ChipsMahoy/bike ... 10feb2012/

The green one could be huffy dill pickle they had green fenders and similar stripes,but the chaining looks like rollfast skoot ?

outskirtscustoms said:
Nice haul! Was that from that craigslist add?

Yes it was. NIce guy that was just trying to clean out a stash from his childhood.

I looked at a pic of a Dill Pickle. The green looks off, but all I could find was a couple pics of girl's bikes.

#3 is Snyder built, could have been a Rollfast or Hawthorne.
#5 looks to be Westfield/Columbia. Compare the dropouts to the Sports III.
#7 Murray built probably for Sears as mentioned.
#8 looks like an import with the 3 piece crank. Similar to Rapido frames. -Adam

Rustinkerer said:
#3 is Snyder built, could have been a Rollfast or Hawthorne.
#5 looks to be Westfield/Columbia. Compare the dropouts to the Sports III.
#7 Murray built probably for Sears as mentioned.
#8 looks like an import with the 3 piece crank. Similar to Rapido frames. -Adam

Thank you sir!

Couldn't find one like #3.

You're right about #5. It does look like a Columbia.

I forgot to ask if anyone has a pic they can share of what any of these bikes should look like, please post them up!

3 is definitely Snyder, they were the only one to use four connected holes in the rear dropouts. Earlier versions just had the two outer holes. Search for a Rollfast Skoot, similar though they have twin top tubes I think. -Adam

Rustinkerer said:
3 is definitely Snyder, they were the only one to use four connected holes in the rear dropouts. Earlier versions just had the two outer holes. Search for a Rollfast Skoot, similar though they have twin top tubes I think. -Adam

I did Adam....thanks. It is very similar except for the top tubes.

Chips_Mahoy said:
Rustinkerer said:

I did Adam....thanks. It is very similar except for the top tubes.

I did find some frames that look like #3 that are Shelby bikes:
P1020663.jpg

But I dont know when Shelby stopped making bikes and if any were Snyder built ay any point....... :?:

EDIT: From Wikipedia
The Shelby Cycle Company manufactured bicycles in Shelby, Ohio from the 1925 to 1953.[1] Their bikes are popular among collectors for their styling.[2] They produced a bicycle in 1928 with a Charles Lindbergh theme called the "Lindy Flyer", and they were responsible for the Donald Duck bicycles in the 1950's. Many of their models fit the cruiser bicycle description. Shelby also made bicycles for other retailers such as Montgomery Ward, Spiegel, Gambles stores, Firestone and Goodyear. AMF purchased Shelby in 1953.[3]

Got looking at the bikes after work and was trying to make out what the head argue of Bike #1 read. All I could make out was the first three letters of ALL on there vertically. Any ideas what that would be?

Latest posts

Back