Savoy - Stingray like styling - Update!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Hi all, picked this up last night found it on C.L. and got it for $25 bucks. Thought at first I might grab it for 20" parts but thinking now a little to nice for that. Guess I will clean it up and see what I got first. Don't know a lot about it believe it was made by Royce Union the grips say that. The head badge says made in Japan, it has 3 piece cranks, very nice paint, pedals and I think original tires no cracks and red lines on the tires. The seat has a small rip that has been taped over, chrome needs cleaning and all needs some polishing. Reminds me of a girls Fairlady Stingray especially the violet color. The decals and rims are like new, I think I did good on this one. What do you all think?
2c607443.jpg

1ef99a01.jpg

9b6b3ffe.jpg

48e0dec0.jpg

46fac762.jpg

Re: Savoy - Stingray like styling

ratina said:
Thats a nice bike, even though its a girls bike I would keep it together.

I agree, older complete bikes are only going to increase in value :D as more people come to appreciate bike classics.

Thanks all for your opinions, the more I rub on it the more I think it needs to hang with all the other Banana's in the garage when it's all cleaned up. Chrome is coming out nicely and I have been doing some pricing on a replacement seat. Besides I didn't have any Violet bikes yet. Lol

Well it been a few weeks and the Savoy finally got its needed attention. After some cleaning the paint looks really good, the chrome is much improved, the tires hold air just fine, and with the addition of the new seat and wheel reflectors this little bike really stands out.
4449e79c1ffb11bdd9d7cafb2b0894c1.jpg

60358bac6dc02cec3dca2acd0c2e2ab7.jpg

Now she looks as good as she rides!, I am going to C.L and see who might want this beauty, if it doesn't go, I will just keep it.

I like the name. The "House of Savoy" was the Imperial Italian Government way back when. Looks like the royal emblem on your seat tube decal. The "Savoy" was also a famous black swing club in Harlem in the 30's. Benny Goodman sang "Stompin' at the Savoy". So now you know... :wink: Gary

Latest posts

Back