Say what you will about a reproduction...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
They are still pretty things! Bought this one last night and love it. BUT a two tone blue one popped up this morning same price and seven speed. Side by side same price I would have got the other one but what are you gonna do, buy'em all? Wait I know the answer...

I never realized how small the lil'sweet heart sprockets are on these. Like stingray sprocket small! Rides great though. A ton of nice little touches up close. White and pearl with silver pin-striping in between the colors. The white tank is amazing. I dream of the two tone green and orange. That is my HG bike find...find at under 300 bucks that is. This Black and white one was two and I am happy at that price all day!

heyslugger said:
I never realized how small the lil'sweet heart sprockets are on these. Like stingray sprocket small! Rides great though. A ton of nice little touches up close. White and pearl with silver pin-striping in between the colors. The white tank is amazing. I dream of the two tone green and orange. That is my HG bike find...find at under 300 bucks that is. This Black and white one was two and I am happy at that price all day!
Oh yeah considering the repop tank alone will cost you $150, not to mention the fender light, springer, and all the rest. Great score.

Plus my first working horn tank and the typhoon cords! Those things are sweet looking and well broken in. This bike may be the one that brakes the camels back so far as having to many in the apt. I love my GF so very much. She puts up with this addition like a champ.

heyslugger said:
Plus my first working horn tank and the typhoon cords! Those things are sweet looking and well broken in. This bike may be the one that brakes the camels back so far as having to many in the apt. I love my GF so very much. She puts up with this addition like a champ.
She's a keeper!

Very nice. I love mine even though its not the deluxe 7 just the single speed. I guess the smaller sproket is to get the lower ratios for hill climbing... It's a heavy bike for uphills in the single speed version... I tend to find myself pushing mine quite a bit! :mrgreen:

Bodge Deep said:
Very nice. I love mine even though its not the deluxe 7 just the single speed. I guess the smaller sproket is to get the lower ratios for hill climbing... It's a heavy bike for uphills in the single speed version... I tend to find myself pushing mine quite a bit! :mrgreen:
What color is yours? Pic? Oh and pushing, a concept I am familiar with! :roll:

I'm in the Lake District of the UK so lots of rain, hills and pushing :D
schwinnpic.jpg

Mines a kind of metallic black (black with gold sparkles)...

Those blacked out wheels look great! Are those stock? I'm in the Pacific North West, we have the occasional lake but Rain and Hills, we got those too! "Lake District of the UK"...headed over to google to look up a little more info!

I think the wheels are stock yes. The lakes is famous for Beatrix Potter (Peter Rabbit), Kendal Mintcake, sheep hills and rain! There is someone on ebay at the moment selling old Schwinn catalogues for the 95 cruisers... keep thinking i should get one to read through

Nice! :D My Dad has the Cruiser Deluxe 7,same color, but with a Nexus 7 speed! :p

RIGHT? Too nice. I bumped the rear fender twice and the pedal dust cap once and I had BP spikes all 3 times. The upside of that I suppose is that I can beat up my old 'too nice' bike now...if I can get to it between all the OTHER old too nice and so on and so on. BTW that green got me :mrgreen: !

Latest posts

Back