Schedule de Fat 2013

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ichoptop said:
Fat Tire released their schedule this morning:

Atlanta, GA - 5/11/13
Washington, DC - 6/1/2013
Durham, NC - 6/15/2013
Nashville - 6/22/2013
Chicago, IL - 7/13/2013
Minneapolis, MN - 7/27/2013
Boise, ID - 8/18/13
Fort Collins, CO - 8/31/2013
Denver, CO - 9/7/2013
San Francisco, CA - 9/21/2013
San Diego, CA - 9/28/2013
Tempe, AZ - 10/5/2013

otroo said:
Hmmm the Boise one is on my Birthday.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

The dates wrong for the Boise one it shows the 17th on their site.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

It's just as far from here to Atlanta as it is from here to Nashville... I could probably do both events as long as i've got gas and beer $... any thoughts on which event might be a better venue if I have to pick just one? :wink:

the san fran ride is killer,except no bikes allowed in the actual event.a couple years ago bikes were allowed everywhere.now you have to leave your bikes in a corral area or have a person stand guard like we did last year. it is cool riding the route through golden gate park and onto the coast for a block or two.

the san fran ride is killer,except no bikes allowed in the actual event.a couple years ago bikes were allowed everywhere.now you have to leave your bikes in a corral area or have a person stand guard like we did last year. it is cool riding the route through golden gate park and onto the coast for a block or two.

Rat Rod said:
Dropped the Texas event too.

Isn't if funny that Texas and L.A. Events were dropped yet the Arizona event was kept....? There isn't much going on in Arizona as far as bike events go throughout the year yet we get one of the big ones. Shameful this Area is so bike unfriendly when w have the greatest weather anywhere.

naturephotoboy3 said:
Rat Rod said:

Isn't if funny that Texas and L.A. Events were dropped yet the Arizona event was kept....? There isn't much going on in Arizona as far as bike events go throughout the year yet we get one of the big ones. Shameful this Area is so bike unfriendly when w have the greatest weather anywhere.
The main goal is to raise funds for local bike organizations. Most places that have been dropped lack a few things. Participation is key not only for those attending, but those receiving funds. It takes a ton of volunteers to set-up, operate and tear down a TdF event.

Bike City USA- Portland,OR was dropped a few years ago lack of attendees. Boise is probably one of the smaller cities but #3 or 4 in total dollars raised and participation. I have volunteered the past 5 years with the BBP at TdF. It is a blast to do, plus I get to be a carnie for a day and drink free beer.

Dbubbleguy said:
Anyone going to the DC Tour de Fat?
i'm thinkin about it if i dont go to KY for a car show

cman said:
naturephotoboy3 said:
Rat Rod said:

No doubt it takes a lot of work to get this thing done. And the turn out in Tempe is pretty good..and that's why I always ask WHERE does everyone go after theTDF because there is nothing going on the rest of the year. It's impossible to find any shops in town that even care about custom building bikes. So hopefully none of the TDF money goes to local shops here.

The main goal is to raise funds for local bike organizations. Most places that have been dropped lack a few things. Participation is key not only for those attending, but those receiving funds. It takes a ton of volunteers to set-up, operate and tear down a TdF event.

Bike City USA- Portland,OR was dropped a few years ago lack of attendees. Boise is probably one of the smaller cities but #3 or 4 in total dollars raised and participation. I have volunteered the past 5 years with the BBP at TdF. It is a blast to do, plus I get to be a carnie for a day and drink free beer.

Latest posts

Back