Schrader Valve Hole

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Well I really jacked up a rim on accident! I was going to drill out a presta valve hole to fit a schrader and drilled it too big. I meant to swap out a drill bit but walked off, came back and started drilling. Basically now the hole is even too big for a schrader. I was going to hit up the hardware store for some grommets but I need to know if that's going to be an issue??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why don't you just drill a new hole the right size in a different place. Epoxy a thin piece of metal over the bad hole from the inside so the tube don't push out. Gary

I have seen grometed valve stem on a presta set up, see no reason it wouldn't work on a Schrader.
Those gromet packs at Autozone I bet will have your size!

If you take Gary's advice (good advice BTW) choose a spot between spokes that are pretty much parallel to each other so you can reach the valve stem easier. See the BOAG wheel advertisement picture to the right to see what I mean about the spokes not being crossed.

Latest posts

Back