Schrotwild-Rat

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

here my "main-bike", the Schrotwild, which I ride now for 113.000km (over 70.000 miles), ´cause I don´t possess a car. It is built with nearly the same parts as the Lanz B., but has only one brake (I´m thinking about a self-made disk for the rear-wheel).

regards, Paul
tschrotfull123.jpg

schrotwildarhyne1234.jpg

tschrotstX3456.jpg

And you didn't think your bikes would fit in here! That is one very COOL bike.....ONE brake, in Germany? :roll: .........I'm calling the police.

dragsterIII said:
how do you ride it with the post jammed back so far :?:

I´ve often been asked that, but it´s really convenient (but also not so good for the dorsal vertebra :roll: ).

regards, Paul

A little update: the new headbadge, made of 1mm-stainless-steel-sheet . . .

regards, Paul

1X.jpg

The Schrotwild´s Frontlight-Update . . .

. . ., heavy-metal-cover for a modern-day-plastic-lighting :) . . .

schrsidelight1123.jpg

schrsidelight2123.jpg

schrsidelight3123.jpg

regards, Paul

"Schrotwild"??? Ha! Sehr lustig! :lol:
What a cool bike - klasse!- and it brings back some great old memories.
I'm guessing that's also a play on the name of the old "Rotwild" bikes?
In that case, another catchy name could have been "Rostwild"! :mrgreen:

Hammond Eggz said:
1.) I'm guessing that's also a play on the name of the old "Rotwild" bikes?
2.) In that case, another catchy name could have been "Rostwild"! :mrgreen:

for 1.) That´s it. It´s a persiflage of Rotwild.
for 2.) Yes, indeed, may be the better name. But nearly ten years ago, when I "created" this name, there wasn´t been any rust :roll: .

regards, Paul

HotRodRob said:
I wonder how many tires you went thru in that time?

Normally I ride the rear-tire for about 13-15.000km (8-9.300 miles), the front-tire-high-score is 30.000km (18.600 miles).

regards, Paul

For taking apple-cake on the road :) . . .

SchGeorgia112345RRB.jpg

regards, Paul

deorman said:
That is a peach, my friend.

Oh, yes, I know. But it´s much more difficult getting peach-cake in our small village-bakeries :wink: . . .

regards, Paul

:lol: Paul, Deorman was making a compliment, not a correction. "Peach" is also American slang for something that looks really nice. :wink:

Hammond Eggz said:
:lol: Paul, Deorman was making a compliment, not a correction. "Peach" is also American slang for something that looks really nice. :wink:

Thanks! That´s what they didn´t teach us in the English-lessons . . .

regards, Paul

really cool bike, did you build the metal cover for the head-light by yourself? it looks really great.

jan said:
really cool bike, did you build the metal cover for the head-light by yourself? it looks really great.

Thanks :D ! Yes, the head-light-cover is selfmade out of a piece of a washing-dryer-tube, two aluminium-sheets, some nails (with selfmade M5-windings) and some metal-waste.

regards, Paul

Back