Schwinn 10 Speed Campus Green Rust Bucket

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0174a.jpg

Picked this one up a few months ago from someone local. The back wheel is rusted away in the middle and part of the back wheel has rusted away. The bars are going to be replaced with some rusty "mustache" style bar. I plan on using a different seat too. Maybe I'll use some rusty blue fenders.

I plan on using parts from a modern Schwinn on here. I have a set of wheels with a Sturmey Archer three speed to put on here. I plan on leaving it rusty. Maybe I'll sand it with fine grit paper and spray it with clearcoat.

I was going to use MTB wheels and tires, but I'm still undecided about that. It will make a nice trail beater for sure. A keeper for sure.

Lost motivation on this one for a minute while swapping out a push mower deck for one without holes. This mower is going to be painted with truck bed coating on the underneath, and rubberized black spray up top. I'm going to put rub strips on the side and clean the wheels up to their original whiteness. Kind of rat rod, I guess.

I found the handlebars and seat for this Schwinn today in the attic. I'm going to get on this one over the weekend. It's going to get a cheap Huffy 10 speed crank and disc (tacky looking black plastic, but still cool).

Back