Schwinn American

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OG1

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excuse my inexperience with the subject, but I have been looking for a bike for my girl and came across this schwinn on craigslist http://eugene.craigslist.org/bik/1778766895.html

Now I know the "Schwinn" of today is not what they were 30 years ago when I had my stingray as a kid, but what is the easiest way to identify a quality schwinn over a chiawan model, aside from the obvious visible build quality.

You better jump on that one quick my friend.

Any 80s Scwhinn Cruiser sells for $300 and up on Ebay these days and that one looks super clean.

Actually...it looks MINT!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Rat Rod said:
You better jump on that one quick my friend.

Any 80s Scwhinn Cruiser sells for $300 and up on Ebay these days and that one looks super clean.

Actually...it looks MINT!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
ill see what I can do, its about an hour away from me. thanks for the advice everyone.

the absence of a 'made in twaiwan' sticker, chicago badge, serial number, the electro-forged frame joints, the wheels (knurling marks and sometimes stamped too). thats an early 80s from the looks of it. nice riding bikes. id shoot him $150 and still be happy with $175. :)

Back