Schwinn American

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this frame from an auction at the beginning of summer, so i finally started to do something with it. I was going to put black wheels on it but Kram already beat me to it. I had these new old stock Araya rims 26x2.125 chrome hanging in the shop so what the hick just do it.
Picture147.jpg
Today i laced up the front wheel with a drum brake, man is this thing heavy
Picture167.jpg
and here is the back rim its getting a Sturmy Archer 3 speed in it
Picture173.jpg
Thats where it sits for today maybe i will get something done tomorrow. Oh yea Uncle Stretch if you check this out i was wondering if you might have a 10 gauge spoke laying around you would like to sell? The spokes came with the hub but its missing one. The serial number on it is K826122 is that from 1953?

I have a bunch I took from rims. Give me a length and I will see if I have one. If its a stock front drum hub , I have several that I'm fixing to chunk. :wink:

Hey Uncle Stretch i dont know if its a stock Worksman or not on the side of the hub it says LELEU France then under that it says Breuete SG DG. The spoke length 9 3/4 inches. If you could help me out that would be cool. Thanks, Mike

Yep got a bag full , email me your info and I will shoot you a couple. I don't have those cable clamps. I made one for Clancy. You can probably find them at a hardware store cheap. They arn't anything special.

Latest posts

Back