Schwinn BB part # cross ref.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What do you want it to fit?

I'd guess it's just a generic chinese 24tpi bottom bracket for one piece cranks that fits nearly every old and/or cheap bicycle.

If it is indeed 24 tpi it will NOT fit older Schwinn crankarms or old school bmx bikes with better quality cro-mo one piece cranks (Sugino for example). Those are 28tpi.

:D

Thanx for that, you are pretty much spot on.......its for a Schwinn 215P residential recumbent exercise bike that we really like (circa late 1990's/early 2000ish); it was nice and smooth/quiet, then quickly went growly/gravely then into pops and snaps. It was used, and well greased, but upon disassembly/inspection (I need a magnifier these days) the balls and cups are rough and the real killer is the spauling on the adjustable race. Just like a bike, eh!
I spent a fair bit of 'net time looking for parts, and found that OEM #, got your reply and called my 'local' (20ish miles away) bike shop. Yep, you are right 'typical American BB' stuff, and 24tpi; got a set for $10ish instead of the $37ish plus S/H from the 'exercise equipment company'! Well, the replacemnt is Taiwan made rather than mainland C, so I feel better about that, and it is 9 x 5/16 balls instead of 12, but it'll go faster, right?
Best thing is a few hours downtime, an easy rebuild and my wife is back to smooth running (so life is good at my house!).

Back