schwinn breeze wheels

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I put some cruiser wheels on a 1965 Varsity with 26 x 1.95 tires.

100_6538.jpg

Yeah...I had to take a round file and bore out the front drop outs a bit to get the front axle to fit.

Just do it a little at a time until the axle slides in...don't over do it. :wink:

chimichanga said:
what tool did you use to bore the drop out?

I usually grind the axle with 2 flat spots to fit. I would rather have to replace an axle instead of the fork.

Here is a Breeze that I put some Schwinn s-7's (26x1 3/4) on.
DSCF3532.jpg

with an angle grinder on each side of the axle to create flat spots. It could be difficult to manually do it with a file.

It is fairly easy. I eyed the grind on each side to make sure it is straight. I do a little bit on each side and then check for fit. Maybe a little more and shoudl work. If I could find a wrench at work I could get a pic right away, but I can' t so a pick will have to wait.

chimichanga said:
It was too hard to do. lol so i went and bought a new axle! THanks for all your help.

Can you share where you bought a flat sided axle to fit? I've been told at several bike shops here in Michigan that I am looking for a needle in a haystack...

Surely someone somewhere is selling something like this... :?:

I don't know where to find another axle with the flats so I'm going to have a machinist mill the flats in for me. I'm putting a drum brake from a moped on my bike. The thickness you want after milling/filing is .300" thick. This will allow you to mount it on a Schwinn type fork. B607

Latest posts

Back