Schwinn BX Conversion

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up a one year only Schwinn BX the other day for 20 bux. Its a survivor and needs nothing. I have been looking for a standard Stingray for a while and since I've had no interest in the BX on Craigslist was considering converting it over. I would swap seat and handlebars and add a sissy bars. Also swap tires and delete thr BX logo on the chain guard. Fenders would go as well. Is there a market for the old BX parts? I would gladly sell them off to fund my build. I hate to do this to a survivor but as i said, I've had zero interest in it as it is. Thanks for any input.

I had a near mint condition BX last year and I tried to sell it a few times and didn't have much luck. I paid $200 for it from the original owner and that's about what I got back out of it. The muscle bike guys weren't interested in it because it was aimed at the BMX market, but the BMX guys that collect that era weren't interested because it wasn't hardcore BMX enough. It was just a weird bike that didn't have a huge following.

I may be interested in the extra parts....send me pics and asking prices. ;)

Sounds good and thanks for the info. Can you send me a number where i can text you? You can find my info on kansas city Craigslist and pics of the bike. Ill have bars stem tires fenders and seat. All very nice.

Back