SCHWINN DX tryn to figure what year its was built

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just got a schwinn prewar DX -excelsior serial #G825XX I would like to know what year it was made i know its not a 39 it has the curved bar any help would be great thank you

The down tube is more curved on the '41 than the '40. The graphics on the early 40's has the diamond points. On the late 40's and all '41's it will have the curly Q wing thing. If by chance it has the original grips, the '41 will have the chubby Schwinn script in the early oval style. '41 was the first year for those grips. The '40 chainguard was a hockey stick. The '41 used the painted birdwing guard that attached to the seat stay. Hope this helps. Gary

B607 said:
The down tube is more curved on the '41 than the '40. The graphics on the early 40's has the diamond points. On the late 40's and all '41's it will have the curly Q wing thing. If by chance it has the original grips, the '41 will have the chubby Schwinn script in the early oval style. '41 was the first year for those grips. The '40 chainguard was a hockey stick. The '41 used the painted birdwing guard that attached to the seat stay. Hope this helps. Gary
thank you gary it has coke bottle grips on it and the chainguard is not there i will look at the graphics a lil closer

Latest posts

Back