Schwinn Excelsior? And 1 Unknown

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got these at an estate sale, a lot of cool stuff there but the bidding went high. I think the Schwinn is an Excelsior, date code puts it a 49 but I have no idea what the other bike is. Also the crank on my tailgate was on the Schwinn but was on backwards so I don't know if it's original to the bike, anyone know?
RR001.jpg

RR002.jpg

RR003.jpg

RR004.jpg

Hey, I just looked in one of my Schwinn books, and it looks like you may have a Motorbike model 110 frame. I'm looking here it may be late 20's to early 30's. Very cool bike. The book I have is Schwinn Bicycles By Jay Pridmore and Jim Hurd.

The sprocket in the middle picture looks like a Wald that i have. I'm not sure if they came on any bikes from the factory. They may have been sold only as replacements. The bottom frame looks like a Schwinn but, I'm no expert. The sprocket apears to be a Schwinn sweetheart. Great finds!

dos cruiser said:
Hey, I just looked in one of my Schwinn books, and it looks like you may have a Motorbike model 110 frame. I'm looking here it may be late 20's to early 30's. Very cool bike. The book I have is Schwinn Bicycles By Jay Pridmore and Jim Hurd.

Could be, the estate was over 100 yrs old and the guy had a ton of cool stuff. Thanks for the info.

Santiago said:
I got these at an estate sale, a lot of cool stuff there but the bidding went high. I think the Schwinn is an Excelsior, date code puts it a 49 but I have no idea what the other bike is. Also the crank on my tailgate was on the Schwinn but was on backwards so I don't know if it's original to the bike, anyone know?
===== 3 snipped =====
RR004.jpg

Santiago,
I have a twinn to this frame sitting here looking at me. I don't have the cranks however.. I had bought it while in search of a decent B10E, and now have two of those. I haven't figured out what I'm gonna do with this one. It does look like an older Schwinn built frame though...

Good luck and keep posting the progress should you do up that frame.

Rat Royale
REC Elsewhere

JOScatRATrod said:
Holey Moley the top one has amazing paint job and chain guard! would look great with a gentle clean and clearcoat maybe

Yeah I have thought of doing that, the surface rust is bad though.

nice scores!
the mystery frame looks like it could be a schwinn,henderson,elgin, or mead....
see if you can make out the serial# on it....thatll tell alot also post some pictures of the rear fender stays(upper and lower) and the drop outs.....
but if i was to guess id say schwinn made
one thing i found odd though was it looks like theyres no binder bolt(and hole) for the seat post :?

Back