Schwinn Excelsior Ladies

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I picked this one up close to home last from Craigslist. 26". 1/2" chain, ND Hubs and all AS hardware is intact. The paint has a lot of chips and some rust, it's future is unknown. It came with the tires which I pumped and rode home. Even though the rear hub ineeds adjustment she rides nice. Serial#H202580

Nice pick! I'd like to see a close up of that badge. It does not look like one I'm familiar with. That serial number would be around '51 or '52. Gary

She did ride really nice on the way home Monark, very quiet.
That is the head badge Gary and I appreciate the dating help, that's what my guess was.
Thanks to RatSphinx for the pics of the badge, my cam is not good for detailed shots like that.
I have a trade for a Zep frame package that I'm considering .
There's room for 5 bikes at my place and number and I'm picking up #11 tomorrow.

B607 said:
Nice badge. First one like that I've ever seen. Thanks for posting it RS. Gary

It's the first one that I've seen as well, B607. Thanks RatSphinx.
When I saw the ad for the bike there was a ratty basket blocking the badge, but I could tell that it was a Schwinn built bike.
Would someone please expand on the history of the Excelsior/Schwinn relationship? Thanks

Back