Schwinn find at LBS

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Last Saturday I was at my LBS, showing him my Murray project and trying to figure out how to get brakes on it. We were poking around in his back room looking through the junk pile (it's an AWESOME junk pile... :mrgreen: ) and he said, "Hey, why don't you just take this whole bike?" Pointed at a very cool Schwinn middleweight... I'm thinkin', no WAY I can afford that... then he tells me he wants 25 bucks for it. I blinked, I thought, I said, "There's no way I have room for this right now... lemme go home and talk to my wife." Kicked myself for two days, dragged a whole bunch of stuff out of the basement and shed and piled it in the yard (most of it will be in the Classifieds in the next week or so) and went back today to get it. I spent 5 minutes on the handlebars and seat with an adjustable wrench and 5 minutes on the tires with a pump and rode it around the driveway...

PICT0111.JPG
DSCI0694.JPG

He also had a chrome girls' middleweight, I think it was a Flightliner... that tuck'n'roll look seat, cool rack, maybe missing a tank. The handlebar stem was missing, but the bars were there on the floor next to the bike. He wanted 20 for that... I may be back.

(oh, and there was a boys' Sears Spaceliner in pieces in a box, but he wasn't quite ready to give that up...)

--rick

Last edited:
cman said:
I wish I could find and LBS like that. Nice score.

(c)Man I second that... My LBS won't even hold on to old parts they pull from other bikes due to "liability"! Crazy.

Latest posts

Back