schwinn find

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We went looking for bikes today at some antique stores in our area and I ran across this schwinn fairlady not sure of the year yet. It dont have the sting ray type ape hangers but the grips are schwinn. and the seat is alot newer.
fairlady.jpg

Ok just decoded it. By the serial number it built on 3/23/1965. when I first seen it today, I figured it was a 70s fairlady it wasnt till I went back and got it and got it home and took the pic that I realized it had didnt have the stingray logo between then schwinn and fairlady logos

Think Im just going to find period correct banana seat and schwinn ape hangers for it and let my little girl ride it till shes to big for it. so if anyone has a schwinn banana seat and ape hangers they want to get rid of message me

Looks like the bike was downsized for a small rider to me(seat and bars).The bars may not be schwinn,might check beetween the knurling when you remove the bars.Beetween the knurling it usually gives the schwinn name and date(as i am sure you already know).
This is a 1965 catalog pagefor ya'-
1965dlr_Fair_Lady.jpg

If your daughter wouldnt find a basket to sissy (lol) and you are interested I will pay it forward a bit and give you this basket for free,just pay shipping.Im on the Missouri/Illinois border so shipping will be cheap.
Its a dead on exact match to Schwinn Radiant Violet.Its either NOS or modern dunno,,i never used it.
Teddy bear and doll approved!!
baskety001.jpg

baskety003.jpg

baskety002.jpg

ABOUT YOUR QUESTION ON THE OTHER THREAD:

dragnusa wrote:

Xcruiser wrote:deluxe options would vary by year,but i agree it would have a black or rarely white mylar ribbed seat.Deluxe typically did not require multi speeds,depending on year deluxes would have white line tires,maybe a knobby rear in later years,somtimes a slick,chrome fenders,S2 rear rim..Multi speeds were options that the dealer or buyer could order or have installed.
The year means alot when buying a stingray.
in my humble opinion its like this on normal NON krate stingrays-
65-67 highest value
68-73
74-77
78-82 lowest value
Your handlbars are the 69 and earlier type,got a serial number?1972 was the last year of campus green on a deluxe stingray so it should be 72 or earlier.

Drgnusa wrote:
Does this run about the same for the fairlady? is there a year of it that is most desirable?

Well Drgnusa,yours is A: radiant violet B: a 1965 so yes In my humble opinion yes.Nice schwinn in violet seem to command a premium in my experience.opinions may vary. I know if i had a blue 65 fairlady and a Radiant violet one Im going to ask more for violet all day long.Taking into account that 3 speed models usually are worth the most with Fairladies.

Xcruiser i sent you a message about the basket. kngmat it is a nice color my daughter has done some cleaning on it since I took the pic and the color really pops

Great find! I had found nice vintage Schwinn girls bikes for both my daughters when they were smaller and they loved them. Their friends thought they were cool too!

thanks all 3 already have bmx/mountain bikes but ever since we started working on bikes and found the 58 sonic flyer im building for my wife they have wanted old bikes too, so I have the baby girl taken care of now just both the boys Ive got my eye on a couple its just getting the deals made for them

Did the bars and basket show up yet? I sent them priority.Hope they work out.
Find a seat yet? If not let me know because I came across just what you need.Once again its free & shipping is on me if you want it.

Got this 67' today
018.jpg

and it had this on it,Ill clean up a sissy bar and throw it in also.
020.jpg

I already have an original blue flowered seat for the one i got so the purple flowered one is for you if you want it.I dont see any rips or damage just needs cleaned up.

From a profit standpoint which do you think would be better to do with mine, find the missing parts and restore it or part it out? Or should I sell off the S-7 wheels and build it as a rat with the mag wheels I got?

Latest posts

Back