Schwinn frame warranty

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Remember when Schwinn shops used to replace their broken frames for life. A friend returned one with a broke off kickstand on a scrambler 36/36. after a few weeks They handed Him a shiny new one. A few days later He dug his old one out of the dumpster. I sure miss that bike shop and the 70s and 80s.

I can guarantee Mr.Schwinn had nothing to do with that stack of crap out back in the dumpster.

Thats a good place for WM bikes and several years ago I scored at a Ft.Worth LBS, Lined Em up in my back yard.Wish I knew then what I know now! Ugh!!! :oops:

Well, my uncle bought a "Schwinn" from sears i believe. A part broke on the bike, some defect in the frame. He called whoever owned "Schwinn" at the time, and they sent him a completely new bike. He had to destroy the bike he currently had. Cut it in half.

So there is some kind of warranty there still.

TheFlyingDingo said:
Well, my uncle bought a "Schwinn" from sears i believe. A part broke on the bike, some defect in the frame. He called whoever owned "Schwinn" at the time, and they sent him a completely new bike. He had to destroy the bike he currently had. Cut it in half.

So there is some kind of warranty there still.
If this happened in the last few years It would be Pacific. And Yeah many broken frames were cut in two back in the day. I own that Scrambler frame today,Picked it off the curb in the neighborhood many years later,bent forks and neck. I'm sure corporate will honor that warranty today and wish this wasn't brought up. :lol:

They still stand by them. My dad did that about a year ago. Got a whole new Schwinn Delmar. They said to cut up the old one. He couldn't bring himself to do it though. So parts bike it is!

I'd just make sure to cut it at the steer tube....Then re-weld it on at an angle and extend the forks.
Choppa! 8) :mrgreen:

outskirtscustoms said:
I'd just make sure to cut it at the steer tube....Then re-weld it on at an angle and extend the forks.

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE THE SMARTEST PERSON IVE EVER MET. CONGRATS LOL

outskirtscustoms said:
Priceless Idea! Are you on facebook? Lol

wheelymarko said:
outskirtscustoms said:
Priceless Idea! Are you on facebook? Lol

I have an account on there but I rarely ever use it.

dvnport said:
outskirtscustoms said:

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE THE SMARTEST PERSON IVE EVER MET. CONGRATS LOL

I've messed with bikes since I was 6 years old and ran a bike shop out of my garage / shed since I was 9. On average I owned 20+ bikes at any given time. I just have a lot of experience piecing junk bikes back together. One of my first customs was an oldschool Huffy that was run over and both chain-stays were crushed. I welded in a few pieces from another bike that had hit a curb and the fork was bent and steer tube had ovaled. Kinda Chop Cut Rebuild bicycle style.
chopper.jpg

Back