Schwinn Girls and Boys Fenders???

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 52 schwinn hornet I am rodding out. I have been eye balling some fenders for sale but they are off a womans 1952 bicycle. Does anyone know if the fender are interchangeable? Thanks so much for the help

should fit fine, i know sometimes they differed in a ducktail vs non-ducktail between models/years but the fit should be the same. usually the only thing you have to worry about is bikes with caliper brakes have different mounts than coasters do usually.

Thanks thats awesome, they looked identical in the photos but its always hard to tell

One thing I noticed; for the rear at least, was that the fender braces are a little shorter on the girls' version. I've got a Fair Lady full rear fender on a Sting-Ray and it fits not.....quite...right. It looks good though; and I'm probably the only one that notices the difference anyway. Just something to look for....

Jimmy the Gent said:
One thing I noticed; for the rear at least, was that the fender braces are a little shorter on the girls' version. I've got a Fair Lady full rear fender on a Sting-Ray and it fits not.....quite...right. It looks good though; and I'm probably the only one that notices the difference anyway. Just something to look for....

I think a Fair Lady came with an S7 on the rear. StingRay would have an S2. The frames are slightly different...and probably the braces are too. Gary

B607 said:
Jimmy the Gent said:

I think a Fair Lady came with an S7 on the rear. StingRay would have an S2. The frames are slightly different...and probably the braces are too. Gary

That's true; and I considered it. The thing that makes it interesting is the fact that my bike now has an S-7 on the rear, and you can still see the difference. That's a good point about the frame, though.

I don't know about the bikes mentioned here, but when I installed the fenders from a '72 5 speed Suburban with a large frame for a tall man to my medium sized '70 Suburban I'm trying to restore, I noticed the rear fender didn't mount 100% correct. Seems the tab that goes on the brake mount has to go on the BRAKE SIDE of the mount and not just behind the brake mounting nut. Fenders probably differ between frame sizes too and not just between male/female frame styles. I'll post a pic to show what I mean but give me a few days.

Back