Schwinn Le Tour (future build) and Mongoose Looptail

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I picked this little guy up when I went to look at another bike (below) and the seller asked if I wanted to buy it. Gave him $20 for it. Its nothing fancy, but I like the loop tail frame. Interesting that it has a Suntour coaster brake because I had no idea they made those. The rims are steel, so its kinda heavy. It will clean up nice and I should make a few bucks with Christmas coming up. There will be some dad who wants to live vicariously through their son with such a bike that hearkens back to their youth.
DSC_0041-1.jpg

This is what I went to buy. Its a 1980 Schwinn Le Tour which is a Chicago built frame. I was trying to find an old Varsity to built up into something inspired by Euro bikes of the 30s and 40s, but this came up and the red caught my eye and got the brain cranking with color combo ideas (more in my build thread that will be posted shortly). Its rough, but I am tossing lots of parts. Here it is as found:
DSC_0042-1.jpg

I thought all LeTours with lugged frames were made for Schwinn by panasonic? I have an older one, pretty rough though. -Adam
CRIM0014.jpg

I'm putting a Le Tour together right now from two different bikes, and I need a brake lever, if that's one of the things you're tossing. Also looking for the special screws/fasteners that hold the chainrings together, but I'm not sure mine are the same as yours. I will have parts left over, so if you're looking for something too, I might have it...

Toeslider said:
I'm putting a Le Tour together right now from two different bikes, and I need a brake lever, if that's one of the things you're tossing. Also looking for the special screws/fasteners that hold the chainrings together, but I'm not sure mine are the same as yours. I will have parts left over, so if you're looking for something too, I might have it...

I've got the brake levers that I can sell as a set (don't have much use for just one lever). I won't need them for my build, so if you still need them, how does $10 shipped sound? PM me if interested.

Thanks.

Latest posts

Back